"In the first place, one wonders whether Shaun Abrahams is in a position to grant Mr Zuma an extension until 31 January, 2018 to submit representations as to why he should not be charged, given the decision last week by the high court in Pretoria that Abrahams must vacate his position as national director of public prosecutions (which Abrahams is appealing)".
The charges against Zuma relate to a 30 billion rand ($2 billion) government arms deal arranged in the late 1990s and have amplified calls for Zuma to step down before his term as president ends in 2019.
They were filed but then dropped by the NPA shortly before he ran for the presidency.
In October the Supreme Court of Appeal upheld an earlier decision by a lower court that the almost 800 corruption charges filed against Zuma before he became president be reinstated.
East German village sells for 140000 euros
Andreas Claus, the mayor the district that contains Alwine, said that he learned of the proposed sale in a media report. But the plant closed in 1991 and the town's homes began to empty, with many residents leaving to seek work elsewhere.
"They must submit their representation on the 31st of January", said NPA spokesman Luvuyo Mfaku, referring to Zuma's lawyers who requested an extension from the November 30 deadline.
The details are contained in a letter Abrahams sent to Zuma on Sunday in which he's agreed to his request for a submission deadline extension.
NPA spokesperson, Luvuyo Mafaku, confirmed to News24 on Monday that Zuma's legal representatives had written to Abrahams, requesting an extension until February 19. On April 6, 2009, then NPA head Mokotedi Mpshe said recordings of telephone conversations between then Scorpions boss Leonard McCarthy and former NPA boss Bulelani Ngcuka showed political interference in the decision to charge Zuma.
Mfaku said Abrahams would remain in office until the appeal is determined.
- Commentator behind 'It's OK To Be White' speech due in court
- Meat tax 'inevitable' to beat climate and health crises, says report
- WWE Wrestler Arrested for Beating Wife
- Deputy's K9 found dead in North Port
- Ishaq Dar declared proclaimed offender after repeated no shows in court
- Bitcoin price (BTC/USD) rebounds from weekend lows on CBOE futures launch
- " "La saison 3 de " Stranger Things " ne devrait pas sortir avant 2019
- Pay packages for private college presidents continue to rise sharply
- "L'amour est une question de personnes" — Christophe Willem bisexuel
- Man in court over fatal Adelaide brawl