Parties for Uber and TfL appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court in London for a case management hearing on Monday.
Judge Emma Arbuthnot proposed two starting dates, April 30 or June 25, for the five-day trial at a short hearing in London Monday.
Uber's appeal against Transport for London's decision not to renew its licence will be heard in the spring.
Uber's 40,000 drivers, representing around one in three of all private hire vehicles on the British capital's roads, can continue to take passengers until the appeals process is exhausted, which could take years.
Europa League draw: Arsenal draw Ostersunds, Celtic face Zenit St Petersburg
With Arsenal the only representatives for England in the draw, all eyes were on Arsene Wenger's men and who they got. They will have gone more than nine weeks without a competitive fixture by the time they face Celtic .
Transport for London claims that the conduct of Uber, which has about 40,000 drivers and 3.5 million customers in the city, had raised concerns.
Hearings will be held on December 19 and 20 to decide whether the GMB trade union and the Licensed Taxi Drivers' Association can have formal participation in the case. "As our new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has said, we are determined to make things right".
The rulings will have important implications for Uber's business.
It also faces potential problems in the northern English city of Sheffield where its licence has been suspended and in Brighton, southern England, where local officials extended the firm's licence for only six months to give them more time to consider the outcome of the dispute in London.
- Google Maps is about to solve an age-old public transport problem
- Weeks After David Cassidy's Death, Former Model Drops Bombshell
- LDC - Les affiches des huitièmes de finale !
- Le journaliste français Paul Comiti détenu au Cachemire indien
- Miss France 2018 : découvrez les membres du jury !
- Brisk Monday ahead with snow chances on the rise tonight
- Paris capitale du climat, deux ans après la COP21
- Une nouvelle affiche tourne en dérision les féminicides — Béziers
- National Football League signs $500 million deal with Verizon to stream games
- L'UA redoute le retour des djihadistes africains du Moyen-Orient — Terrorisme