A woman is in jail after threatening to kill fellow passengers on a Southwest flight from Portland to Sacramento. The video can be viewed at the bottom of this article.
According to the Sacramento Bee, the drama started when Curbelo went into the airplane's bathroom and tampered with the smoke detector so she could smoke a cigarette. He said she pushed a flight attendant and had to be physically restrained by passengers and crew for the remaining 30 minutes of the flight. "I swear if you don't bleep land!"
Curbelo was arrested after the plane landed at the Sacramento International Airport.
The woman was identified later as 24-year-old Valerie Curbelo.
She did not explain why she threatened to kill everyone.
Former Facebook Executive Warns That Facebook Will Destroy The World
He mentioned the "short-term, dopamine-driven feedback loops" that Parker had said Facebook was built to exploit. In particular, he described an incident in India where hoax messages about kidnappings were shared on WhatsApp .
After forcing their way into the stall, flight attendants escorted Curbelo back to her seat and asked her to sit for the remainder of the flight.
Curbelo is from Sandy, Oregon, just outside of Portland. "It was not me".
"[Curbelo] violated federal laws by both smoking onboard an aircraft and by tampering with a smoke detector in an aircraft restroom", said Southwest Airlines.
The pilot declared an emergency to receive priority treatment from air traffic control handlers, while the onboard crew "handled the situation" until Curbelo's arrest after the plane landed, according to a Southwest statement. "Our crew requested law enforcement meet the flight and they took over from there".
The clip ends with fellow passengers stepping up to help flight attendants calm the irate woman. She wouldn't discuss why she was flying to Sacramento. She faces three felony counts of making criminal threats, and remains in the Sacramento County Jail on $75,000 bail.
- Earnings Clues on DDR Corp. (DDR), Hess Corporation (HES) Analyst's Predictions
- Ryanair's Dublin Pilots Vote In Favour Of Industrial Action
- IShares Emerging Markets High Yield Bond (EMHY) Rises 0.18% for Dec 9
- Bitcoin price (BTC/USD) rebounds from weekend lows on CBOE futures launch
- Percent of Nigerians not happy under Buhari - Okorocha
- President Trump Signing Order to Send Americans Back to the Moon
- Statut de Jérusalem: une ville israélienne touchée par une roquette
- Les médias publient la photo du suspect de l'attentat de New York
- Kinder Morgan Inc (NYSE:KMI) Institutional Investor Sentiment Trend
- Jessica Alba Shares Photos Of Her Tea Party-Themed Baby Shower