This ballot only applies to pilots directly employed by Ryanair and not contractors.
The Dublin ballot covered direct employees only, rather than the majority of pilots which the airline hires through agencies.
The ballot result found that 79 of the remaining 82 voted in favour of industrial action, while three were against. However, it has not been decided whether the industrial action will include strikes.
An IMPACT committee that Ireland's IALPA pilots union operates under will meet on Tuesday to decide on the next steps, a spokesman for the union said.
Pilots at the airline are campaigning for a new collective bargaining system to replace the employee representative councils that negotiate for staff at each Ryanair base.
Breastfeeding Mom Says Spirit Airlines Kicked Her Off Flight
We apologize for any inconvenience to our guests. 'As a courtesy, we've issued a full refund to the customer in question'. She was on a flight from Houston to Newark, New Jersey, to attend a recording as part of a clinical research study.
The company has summoned them to a meeting at its headquarters this evening. "This is simply not acceptable behaviour and this counter-productive engagement should stop immediately". "However, if Ryanair's Dublin pilots are misled by some Aer Lingus pilots into industrial action then they will lose their favourable rosters [.] and remuneration benefits that are specifically linked by agreement to dealing directly with Ryanair".
"Now that Ryanair's Cork, Shannon and Belfast bases have agreed 20% pay increases, we expect the Dublin pilots to follow this trend", it said.
Ryanair said it had received no notificationof any industrial action, calling Ialpa an "Aer Lingus pilots group", referring to a rival Dublin-based carrier.
"This might be the first time in Irish history that a few Aer Lingus pilots persuade Ryanair pilots earning between €150,000 to €180,000 p.a.to take up industrial action instead of a 20% pay increase when Aer Lingus pilots are only getting 3%".
- Wreaths Across America crosses county
- Man in court over fatal Adelaide brawl
- IShares Emerging Markets High Yield Bond (EMHY) Rises 0.18% for Dec 9
- "I, Tonya" soars in opening weekend
- Former Facebook Executive Warns That Facebook Will Destroy The World
- New Polish gov't to be appointed on Monday afternoon: president's spokesman
- Zuma given deadline to make plea in graft case
- AAA Michigan: Statewide average gas prices rise 7 cents
- Percent of Nigerians not happy under Buhari - Okorocha
- YouTube's new music streaming service has some obstacles to overcome