Recognizing the threat of climate change, cutting fat from the budget and raising taxes - that's the threefold plan California's Gov.
Brown, who studied to become a Jesuit priest, has criticized Trump and his administration's failure to embrace climate change.
Southern California is now engulfed in massive wildfires that have destroyed thousands of acres of property.
Expand | Collapse (Photo: Reuters/Robert Galbraith) California Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown speaks at a news conference following his debate with his Republican opponent Meg Whitman at Dominican University in San Rafael, California, October 12, 2010.
Explosion à la gare routière de Port Authority — New York
The NYPD is responding to reports of an explosion of unknown origin at 42nd Street and 8th Ave, #Manhattan . Les lignes A, C et E du métro ont été évacuées, précisent les autorités locales sur Twitter.
"This could be something that happens every year or every few years", he said in a recent press conference.
Speaking to CBS' "60 Minutes" in an interview that aired Sunday, the California Democrat said Trump's policies on the environment and his stance toward climate change show that he doesn't fear God. "That's a preposterous idea, not even a shred of truth in that statement", Brown said. "We have a cap and trade system, which is a very efficient way to reducing greenhouse gases". We have a zero-emission vehicle mandate. "California is showing that dealing with climate is good for the economy - not bad", he said.
"It's a culture that's on the move - not pulling up the drawbridge out of fear and economic insecurity". The fires have burned thousands of acres and devastated hundreds of structures.
- Golden Globe nominations to be announced Monday
- Apple's AI Chief Reveals Progress Company Has Made in Self-Driving Technology
- Brisk Monday ahead with snow chances on the rise tonight
- Emmanuel Macron évite de justesse un énorme faux pas
- Miss France 2018 : découvrez les membres du jury !
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- National Football League 2017 Monday Night preview - New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins
- 120.000 foyers privés d'électricité en France — Vents violents
- NY bomb attack - explosion at Time Square, subway being evacuated
- Europa League draw: Arsenal draw Ostersunds, Celtic face Zenit St Petersburg