Whether you're prone to a little nap on your morning commute, or are exploring a new city and not sure when to disembark, this forthcoming Google Maps update is great news.
Google is about to launch a small but useful update to Google Maps that will give you live guidance and interactive real-time notifications during your journey. This feature will be extremely helpful in case users fall asleep during a journey or when users are new to a place and don't know much about it.
The notifications might also be displayed on the lock screen of your Android device, the report added, saying the notifications might be interactive, so you could look up the stops that are coming.
It's not certain when Google will roll out these changes to the Maps app for iOS and Android apps.
Google Maps is about to solve an age-old public transport problem
Google Maps now gives detailed transit directions with the process generally involving keeping track of progress along the route. When you're about to start a new trip, you enter your destination, and press start, as one usually does when using the app for directions. It will reportedly provide extra details about the journey including updates as they walk or ride on local buses or trains.
The goal is Google Maps to tell you important things like when to get off the bus and if your train is near your final stop, so you have time to prepare.
With this update, the same transit notifications become a bit more like using for walking, biking & driving, said the report.
Europa League draw: Arsenal draw Ostersunds, Celtic face Zenit St Petersburg
With Arsenal the only representatives for England in the draw, all eyes were on Arsene Wenger's men and who they got. They will have gone more than nine weeks without a competitive fixture by the time they face Celtic .
- Fake Version of MyEtherWallet Appears In Apple's App Store
- European Champions Cup: Saracens V Clermont Auvergne Moved To Monday
- Jerry Brown: Trump doesn't fear 'the wrath of God'
- Emmanuel Macron évite de justesse un énorme faux pas
- The hypothesis "Out Of Africa" revised story of Human Migration
- Weeks After David Cassidy's Death, Former Model Drops Bombshell
- 120.000 foyers privés d'électricité en France — Vents violents
- Uber's London licence battle set for May/June
- Golden Globe nominations to be announced Monday
- Days Gone, le survival horror, arrivera bel et bien en 2018 !