According to a confidential memo obtained by ESPN, the Cowboys owner proposed a resolution to table the National Football League commissioner's contract talks for six months before an agreement was reached last week.
Jones, who has attempted to block Goodell's extension for months, made one more last-ditch effort to stall the deal before the extension was finalized.
The report cited a segment of the 32-page agenda, titled Proposed Resolution 2017 G-7 and submitted December 1, that called for a six-month "moratorium on any and all actions taken pursuant" to Goodell's new contract, "specifically, that the Commissioner's extension is not finalized during such moratorium".
A few days before Roger Goodell signed a five-year contract extension last week, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones put forth a secret-ballot resolution that would have prevented a contract from being finalized for six months, according to ESPN.
What are your thoughts regarding the upcoming vote on net neutrality?
However, these fast lanes are only even considered "fast" because all other sites are purposely slowed down. On Dec. 14 this year, the vote to end net neutrality is scheduled to take place.
Jones fought to stop the extension talks for several weeks, claiming that Goodell's handling of disciplinary matters - including the suspension of Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott - and player protests during the national anthem should allow all owners to re-examine Goodell's contract situation. However, this came after Jerry pledged to the other owners that if his actions didn't have support from the other owners, he would back down.
He later backed off that threat, but not before his ongoing meddling frustrated many owners to the point where many owners considered invoking a clause in the NFL's Constitution & Bylaws to potentially remove Jones as owner of the Cowboys.
Jones previously hired famed attorney David Boies and threatened to sue the league if the compensation committee approved Goodell's extension.
Roger Goodell recently agreed to a $200 million contract extension to remain the NFL's commissioner.
- Mohamed Salah wins BBC African Footballer of the Year 2017
- Chesapeake minister launches campaign for US Senate
- Leeds land £500000 Japan star - but permit issues delay arrival
- Toledo native Patterson announces transfer to MI
- Militant attack on bank vehicle kills 2 guards in Indian-controlled Kashmir
- Désormais, Ouigo part aussi de Montparnasse
- Jameis Winston Denies Report of Rift with Buccaneers Coach Dirk Koetter
- Suspect in killing of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind pleads guilty
- WWE Wrestler Arrested for Beating Wife
- (NASDAQ:COST) Shares Sold by Bank of Nova Scotia