Again facing no competition from a new, wide release, "Coco" cruises to a third consecutive victory at the United States weekend box office. Disney estimates Sunday that "Coco" added $18.3 million, bringing its domestic total to $135.5 million. Warner Bros. and DC's "Justice League" took second place with $9.6 million and Lionsgate's sleeper hit "Wonder", which has now passed $100 million, placed third with $8.5 million.
The new release with the highest theatre count (2,161) was Broad Green comedy Just Getting Started, which was nonetheless just able to sneak into the top ten with a lower-than-expected $3.1 million. Major studios have held off from releasing new movies since the Thanksgiving holiday, but "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" is ready to blast through the top of the chart when it opens on December 14. With $3.5 million from this weekend, Lady Bird has netted $22.3 million.
The darkly comedic "I, Tonya" arrived in four theaters and collected a solid $245,602.
Venezuela's ruling party wins big in mayoral elections
Maduro has " ruled by decree " for most of his presidency. "Venezuelans want to vote in free and fair conditions". This move means he will likely be unopposed in the December 2018 election.
Margot Robbie stars as controversial figure skater Tonya Harding in 'I, Tonya'.
The Guillermo del Toro-directed romantic fantasy The Shape of Water expanded to 41 theaters in its second weekend and earned $1.1 million.
The Winston Churchill film Darkest Hour and the summer romance film Call Me By Your Name also continue to thrive in more limited releases as well. Darkest Hour, which stars Gary Oldman as Churchill, earned $777,000 from 53 locations, and Call Me By Your Name, with Armie Hammer and Timothée Chalamet, took in $291,100 from nine theaters.
He added: "It's great time for those films ahead of the box-office Death Star that is Star Wars". "The Disaster Artist", a well-reviewed movie about a movie, stars James Franco, Dave Franco, and Seth Rogen. Where available, the latest worldwide numbers for Friday through Sunday are also included.
- Leeds land £500000 Japan star - but permit issues delay arrival
- Toledo native Patterson announces transfer to MI
- Mohamed Salah wins BBC African Footballer of the Year 2017
- Pay packages for private college presidents continue to rise sharply
- Manhattan Pipe-Bomb Suspect Identified as Akayed Ullah, 27
- Russian Federation launches $27 billion LNG project
- Report on digital reach
- Jameis Winston Denies Report of Rift with Buccaneers Coach Dirk Koetter
- Militant attack on bank vehicle kills 2 guards in Indian-controlled Kashmir
- Lloyds Banking Group Plc (LYG) Where Moving Ahead?