Real Madrid gave a warning to Al Jazira, their opponents at the Fifa Club World Cup on Wednesday, that they are beginning to find their best form as they trounced Sevilla 5-0 on Saturday in the Primera Liga in their last game before they fly out to Abu Dhabi.
Toni Kroos and Achraf Hakimi rounded off the rout as Real leapfrogged cross-city rivals Atletico Madrid into third.
Nacho Fernandez opened the scoring in the third minute after Eduardo Berizzo's side failed to clear a corner, before Ronaldo put the champions in control with a composed finish and a penalty just after the half-hour mark to take his tally to 25 goals in 15 league games against the Andalusians.
Adrian Lopez celebrated his 100th appearance for Deportivo la Coruna with the goal which gave his side a well-deserved 1-0 win at home to Leganes, while Getafe and Eibar made history as each side fielded a Japanese player (Takashi Inui ad Gaku Shibasaki) during the 90 minutes of their game, which ended 0-0 and had little else to recommend it.
"We ask for forgiveness because we didn't expect to lose by so many goals", admitted Sevilla defender Gabriel Mercado.
It then went from bad to worse for Sevilla in the 31st minute when Jesus Navas conceded a penalty for handball inside the box, which allowed Ronaldo to step forward and send the home side three goals ahead.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
Zidane said he felt his team's play had been improving through recent weeks, even if the goals had not previously been flowing. However, defeat for Los Blancos in this game would see them slip out of the top four and into what their fans would view as a fully-fledged crisis. We know we must keep going with our work.
"Real Madrid are happy with the squad".
"It was very important to win like that before travelling for our morale", added Zidane. "After that, we'll think about the Clasico".
Zidane said that the injured Raphael Varane and Gareth Bale would travel to the Middle East, not remain in Madrid to ensure they are fit for the La Liga Clasico at home to Barcelona on December 23. "Then it is about the day-to-day there. We will not force anything".
- Ubisoft repousse les sorties de Far Cry 5 et The Crew 2 !
- Manohar Parrikar justifies Rafale costs: 'Aircraft smaller part, real cost in equipment'
- Nathan Peterman worked with Bills' first team all week, expected to start
- Two people found dead in Sanger; police investigation underway
- BT Investment Management Ltd Invests $23.63 Million in Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Paolo Guerrero sin Mundial tras decisión de la Fifa
- Bengaluru journalist held for planning contract killing of former colleague
- Some BJP MLAs in touch with me: CM
- MGIC Investment's (NYSE:MTG) Outperform Rating Reaffirmed at Wells Fargo & Company
- England Player Suspended For Pouring A Drink On Jimmy Anderson