According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the New York Giants had an interview scheduled with Dorsey for Tuesday, and their interest in the former Kansas City Chiefs GM forced the Browns to act quickly and aggressively. The Giants planned to interview Dorsey and begin assessing other options for their vacant general manager spot at the start of this week, but when the Browns caught wind of that, they fired Sashi Brown and landed Dorsey before NY could make a move.
The on-field losing didn't give former Browns VP Sashi Brown much of a chance, but his plan to amass draft picks sets the table for the next regime.
Israelis, Palestinians Must Advance Peace
A possible meeting with Pence has also been turned down by Egypt's Coptic Church, MENA state news agency reported. Trump's embassy move has inflamed the Israel-Palestine conflict, in which the status of Jerusalem is a key issue.
In other words: Cleveland really wanted Dorsey as its GM, saw that he was in the running for the Giants' job, and made a decision to cut the line. NY has also been linked to former Carolina Panthers general manager Dave Gettleman, who used to work for Big Blue's organization.
Gettleman has an extensive history with the Giants, serving as a scout in 1998, director of pro personnel from 1999-2011, and senior pro personnel analyst in 2012, before being hired by the Panthers in 2013. The Panthers fired him on the eve of training camp in July. Many around the league believe he is the favorite to land the job, but the Giants would like to speak with others, as their scheduled interview with Dorsey indicated.
- Wiggins makes rowing debut in London indoor championships
- Aftershocks detected months later after North Korea nuclear test 'moves Earth's crust'
- The NXP Semiconductors NV (NXPI) Shares Bought by FIL Ltd
- Motorola Solutions Inc (NYSE:MSI) CEO Sells 100000 Shares of Stock
- Ronaldo wins fifth Ballon d'Or award
- Apple proche de s'offrir Shazam — Musique en ligne
- Amid raging controversy over Jerusalem, Bahraini 'peace delegation' visits Israel
- Steven Adams, Carmelo Anthony lead Thunder to overtime victory over Grizzlies
- QPR 1 Leeds United 3: Holloway considering changes after Whites defeat
- Geminid meteor shower to take place this week in the UAE