The Met Office says northern and western parts of the United Kingdom are set to endure another day of "frequent blustery snow and hail showers" and a widespread frost will befall inland areas overnight as we head into the weekend.
Train services in the north and west of the country have been cancelled, while Traffic Scotland is warning of potential disruptions on the road.
Between 10 and 20cm of snow can be expected over hills and mountains. It is expected to be lighter than in the south, but some parts could see a couple of inches.
British weather forecasters predicted heavy snow on Sunday and said that cold temperatures are likely to remain well into next week.
However, their weather charts show snow is expected in Wales, the West Midlands, and Northern Ireland from around 6am.
Forecasters warned of a danger to life on Thursday as Storm Caroline battered Scotland with 90mph winds on Thursday.
The strongest winds will hit on Thursday as Storm Caroline passes to the north west of Ireland, with severe gales of up to 70mph (110kmph) expected for some exposed coastal areas.
Une tribune évacuée après la chute d'un projecteur — Amiens
Une expertise demandée par la justice avait alors pointé des "anomalies dans les modalités de fixation de la barrière métallique dégradée".
"Storm Caroline is now moving northeastwards with the very strong winds now confined to the far northeast of mainland Scotland and the Northern Isles". Temperatures will fall to between minus 2 and plus 2 degrees, with frost and icy patches.
'Overnight, the main feature will be the increase in wind as Caroline starts to come in towards the end of the night.
Met Eireann has issued status yellow weather warnings as the storm looms.
"Road, rail and air travel delays are likely, as well as stranding of vehicles and public transport cancellations".
Thick snow fell over many parts of the United Kingdom overnight with Storm Caroline taking freezing temperatures further south.
A spokesman for CNR International said: 'CNR International has been carrying out remedial work on the platform's jacket structure and assurance activities are ongoing to confirm their effectiveness. Slight to moderate accumulations of snow are possible with up to 3cm in parts.
- Hosts Al Jazira beat Urawa Pink Diamonds to succeed in semis
- SC serial killer says there are more victims
- Table the new social grants deal in parliament for interrogation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TXN) Stake Decreased by Asset Management One Co. Ltd.
- Gilead Sciences INC (GILD) Position Increased by Stonebridge Capital Advisors Llc
- Manchester United, la stat qui accable Mourinho face à Guardiola
- Browns' Josh Gordon scores 1st TD since 2013
- Serena has entered Australian Open
- Rohit Sharma Appreciates Jasprit Bumrah's Hard Work
- ICE aus München hat zweieinhalb Stunden Verspätung