Solano became the first professional, Peru-born footballer to play in England after joining Newcastle in 1998, playing eight years for the northerners over two spells.
But the 42-year-old - whose birthday is next week - has lambasted the Newcastle hierarchy for the severe lack of investment in the team.
Lascelles played a major role in Newcastle's strong start to the new campaign as they won three of their opening five fixtures.
"As soon as that happened, it would have been obvious to him that the club's main target for the season was to stay in the Premier League". This is a game between two very evenly matched sides so I think we should be in for a treat.
"He will have little money to spend, and exactly who is available that will bring in the right quality in January?"
Pundit expects Newcastle's struggles to continue this weekend
Great to see any Newcastle player being recognised for their achievements and hopefully there will be many more accolades in the months and years to come. Heavy squad rotation at the forward position is also making it hard for Newcastle to have any consistency up top.
"Newcastle are not on a good run at the moment, and they really need a win here, but Leicester are a risky team".
"Maybe they haven't spent insane money, but they have spent a decent amount and they are proof of what you can achieve when you shop with a bit of ambition".
The former Nottingham Forest star has been absent with an ankle problem since mid-November and his Newcastle side have picked up just one point in the four games he has missed.
ICE Announces a 25 Percent Decrease in Border Crossing Arrests
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE ) deported 2,535 and arrested 2,746 illegal immigrants in Wyoming and Colorado. Agents have told the immigrants that the raids were connected to the city's sanctuary policies , she said.
- The First Trailer for James Cameron, Robert Rodriguez's "Alita: Battle Angel" (Trailer)
- Russia's Putin launches loading from Arctic LNG plant
- Mauricio Pochettino's response whether Gareth Bale will return to Tottenham
- Protesters Arrested in Sen. Collins' Bangor Office Will Not Be Prosecuted
- JK Rowling defends Johnny Depp casting in next 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Uganda declared Marburg free
- La SNCF promet une "réorganisation" — Panne de Montparnasse
- France 2 : l'animateur Tex mis à pied après une blague sur C8
- House Ethics Committee Opens New Investigation Into Rep. Farenthold Over Harassment Allegations
- United Kingdom jeweler will not make replicas for Meghan Markle's ring