A positive identification has been made on the deceased man from Thursday's fatal officer-involved shooting in Marinette.
Jesse Cole Shuping, 35, of Portsmouth, Virginia, was killed following a confrontation with police on Schacht Road in the town of Peshtigo.
Sheriff's officials said earlier there was an incident involving the armed man at a Marinette motel early Thursday.
Shuping had been staying in the Marinette area for about the past month to six weeks. He spent some time in a local shelter, and recently befriended a local who allowed him to stay at her home.
Shuping is a convicted felon in Virginia and North Carolina.
Church notes for Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017
At 4 p.m., Elder Bob Zellers will conduct the church's second Sunday chapel service, now in its 20th year, at Birchaven Village. The Sonshine Day School of Macedonia Baptist Church , at 151 Macedonia Church Road, will hold its Christmas program at 7 p.m.
The names of the officers involved are still be withheld until their formal interviews with the Wisconsin Department of Justice, which are scheduled for next week. He was presently on Probation and Parole, and wanted on a grand larceny charge by Virginia authorities.
See our original story below. It's still unclear if it was a robbery attempt or a domestic incident.
Officers shot and killed Shuping after he got out of the vehicle holding a handgun.
The investigation is ongoing and Sheriff Jerry Suave will hold a press conference at 11:00 AM CT to provide the latest updates.
Sauve thanked all law enforcement that assisted the Marinette Police Department and Marinette County Sheriff's Office for their "outstanding and dedicated efforts in the critical incident", including: The Menominee Police Department, Peshtigo Police Department, Wisconsin State Patrol, Marinette County Dispatch and local EMS and fire services.
- Raiders' Cooper questionable for Chiefs game
- Manny Pacquiao, Conor McGregor in talks for April showdown
- Ben Duckett dropped by England Lions after Perth bar incident
- Funérailles de Johnny Hallyday : la présence de Marine Le Pen jugée indésirable
- State jail officials submit Jaya's thumb impression in Madras HC
- Cocaine bust at Alberta border tops one year's worth of Edmonton seizures
- 'I just fired one': 85-year-old man shoots, kills home intruder
- Exclusive! Watch the new video for Gregg Allman's "Song For Adam"
- Pope weighs in on Jerusalem controversy
- Only two cricketer is invited for Anushka and Virat weddings