The redevelopment of Anfield is crucial for the club if they are to keep pace with some of the Premier Leagues other clubs.
Liverpool CEO Peter Moore has assured supporters that the club are still exploring their options in expanding the Anfield Road End at Anfield.
After the summer transfer window closed, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu claimed the La Liga giants had to abandon the pursuit on deadline day, with Liverpool demanding they pay €200m (£175.8m, $235.7m) or forget about his signing. Barca are still hopeful of reducing that fee even further.
But after Coutinho himself suggested a move to the Nou Camp in the past, Moore, who took up his post at Anfield in June, added he expects the player to remain with the Reds beyond the January transfer window.
"As far as I'm concerned, the squad we have right now is the squad we will go into January with".
In Mohamed Salah, however, they brought in a player widely regarded as the signing of the season so far.
Jimbo Fisher explains why his Christmas tree was thrown to the curb
The Aggies lured Fisher away from Florida State last week to replace Sumlin with a guaranteed 10-year, $75 million contract. It appears Georgia has fought off Texas A&M and Jimbo Fisher for receivers coach James Coley.
And with the demand for tickets still exceeding the supply, the club know they are missing out on 6,000 paying customers every game with current capacity at 54,074.
He told Sky Sports:' As you know we have a permit for the Anfield Road end for September 2019 to add maybe another 6,000 seats which will bring us up to 60,000 here.
"We haven't been shy - people look at the Mohamed Salah acquisition as the best one of the summer and we're already bringing in Naby Keita [from RB Leipzig] next summer".
"The investments are being made and it's hard to knock what you're seeing on the field now and say: 'Oh, you should be spending more money'".
Moore added that outlook will be embraced heading into the January transfer window, confirming the club are out to strengthen their squad for the second half of the season.
- Officiel - Gillot n'est plus l'entraîneur d'Auxerre
- Alice Cooper to play King Herod in 'Jesus Christ Superstar Live!'
- Rose McGowan attacks Alyssa Milano for supporting Weinstein's ex
- Man shot by police in Wisconsin was convicted felon from Portsmouth
- Tunisie : manifestations contre la décision de Trump sur Jérusalem
- Ryan Giggs Interested In Wales Job
- Cruz Azul tiene a su primer refuerzo para 2018, Carlos Fierro
- Bale to return to Spurs?
- Canning Vale woman faces court charged with murdering Baldivis teen
- La dernière petite folie de Patrice Evra — OM