Four people have died in the Gaza Strip from Israeli gunfire and airstrikes, a health ministry official said Saturday, following a day of clashes between Palestinian protesters and Israeli security forces over Jerusalem. On the edge of Ramallah, Israeli forces fired dozens of rounds of tear gas and stun grenades at hundreds of gathering Palestinian protesters.
In response to rocket fire earlier on Thursday evening, the IDF fired on Hamas targets in central Gaza.
But the Israeli army said it held Hamas responsible for all attacks originating from the territory under its control.
Jerusalem remains at the heart of the Israel-Palestine conflict, with Palestinians hoping that East Jerusalem - occupied by Israel in 1967 - might eventually serve as the capital of a future Palestinian state.
Witnesses told the news agency that most of the casualties were not Hamas men but civilians who lived in a building near the training camp.
The Palestinian Health Ministry said the injuries are all minor.
Gwen Stefani Appears, Performs On "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" (Watch Now)
The country crooner's main squeeze was appearing on The Ellen Show this week when the talk show host sprung Shelton's photo, along with her own, on the former The Voice judge.
Across the Arab and Muslim worlds, thousands more protesters took to the streets on the Muslim holy day to express solidarity with the Palestinians and outrage at Trump's reversal of decades of U.S. policy.
The Israeli military said earlier that its Iron Dome anti-missile system intercepted a rocket fired from the Palestinian enclave.
The conflagration was the latest fallout from President Donald Trump's announcement recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
Trump early on Thursday also told the United States embassy in Telaviv to begin preparations to move to Jerusalem.
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said he opposes Trump's decision because Jerusalem "is a final status issue that must be resolved through direct negotiations by two parties".
Jerusalem is of huge importance to both Israel and the Palestinians.
- Chelsea boss Antonio Conte: 'Eden Hazard must win trophies for Ballon d'Or'
- Trump approves new sanctions against Russian Federation over alleged INF Treaty violations
- De la neige attendue dimanche en Ile-de-France — Météo
- God of War PS4 new info announced at PSX 2017
- Un chanteur, un acteur mais aussi un biker — Johnny Hallyday
- Stalin demands CBI probe into Reddy's alleged payments to TN Ministers
- Jury Sides with San Diego in Comic Con Trademark Battle
- Johnson to voice 'grave concerns' over mother jailed in Iran
- State jail officials submit Jaya's thumb impression in Madras HC
- Unesco declara feria boliviana como patrimonio inmaterial de la humanidad