Taking note of the controversy over hazardous playing conditions during the recent Test match between India and Sri Lanka here, the International Cricket Council (ICC) said on Friday that it may formulate pollution guidelines for similar situations in future. Match referee David Boon is understood to have given some ideas on how to address the issue, which is a concern in India and Bangladesh.
"The ICC has noted the conditions in which Delhi Test was played and has already requested that the issue is considered by the medical committee for guidance should the situation arise in future. The matter is likely to be discussed in February's ICC meetings", an ICC spokesperson told IANS.
Bowlers from both sides struggled during the third Test with Sri Lankan pacer Suranga Lakmal vomitting on the field while fellow fast bowler Lahiru Gamage and Dhananjaya De Silva had to leave the playing arena.
As a result, there could be a slight adjustment in the clauses of the Playing Conditions, where the health hazard of players related to severe air pollution can be incorporated.
Western Digital Corporation (WDC) Shares Bought by Cornerstone Capital Management Holdings LLC
Currently, 493.43 million total shares are owned by the public and among those 491.23 million shares have been available to trade. The data storage provider reported $2.07 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $1.85 by $0.22.
Since the Playing Conditions never had any specific mention of air-pollution, it is expected that permissible AQI (Air Quality Index) limit to play competitive cricket will be inserted.
"In ICC's "Playing Conditions", there is a separate sub-clause for weather".
It led to breaks during the first innings of the Test match but the players made a decision to get on with the game.
The Indian Medical Association (IMA)'s president Dr KK Aggarwal in a letter to BCCI has also urged the cricket's governing body to include a clause on atmospheric pollution.
- Manny Pacquiao, Conor McGregor in talks for April showdown
- Nigerians evacuated from Libya
- Les parents de la djihadiste Margaux Dubreuil présentés à un juge
- Funérailles de Johnny Hallyday : la présence de Marine Le Pen jugée indésirable
- Bale to return to Spurs?
- Exclusive! Watch the new video for Gregg Allman's "Song For Adam"
- Do You Have Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO) In Your Portfolio?
- Alice Cooper to play King Herod in 'Jesus Christ Superstar Live!'
- Gayle smashes sensational hundred in BPL
- Géant: l'Autrichien Hirscher remporte la première manche, Pinturault finit 3e