Word is Berg never wanted to oversee the entire division for Warner Bros., and approached the studio about adopting a producer role nearly six months ago. Berg and Johns may be hardcore fanboys who know these DC properties inside and out, but sometimes that can pose a problem, since these films are trying to appeal to all audiences, not just fans of the comics.
While one might assume that Justice League practically forced Toby Emmerich to take action, the president of Warner Bros. The restructuring effort has allegedly been earmarked for January, and will see Jon Berg stepping down from his post - a post that involved running DC Films alongside Geoff Johns - in favor of a production role opposite Roy Lee (The LEGO Movie, It). Johns is expected to remain as DC's chief creative officer, reporting to DC Entertainment President Diane Nelson. "I first met Jon when, as a producer, he brought "Elf" to New Line, which remains one of the best and most evergreen titles in the library".
Sverrir Gudnason Tapped To Star In 'The Girl in the Spider's Web'
The screenplay is by Steven Knight and Fede Alvarez & Jay Basu , based on the global bestseller written by David Lagercrantz . He'll play the role of Mikael Blomquist in the sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo .
Furthermore, sources close to Variety have said that Emmerich is "weighing the idea of further integrating DC's film operations" into the main movie arm at Warner Bros.
Variety says there are no immediate plans for Snyder to direct another DC movie, and the outlet notes that Time Warner-Warner Bros.' parent company-"is said to be frustrated that Warner Bros. leaders continued to bring the director back". Meant to be the DC's answer to The Avengers, Justice League pulled in just $572 million, a yield that has made it the lowest-earning DCEU movie by almost $100 million.
Further changes include that it's likely Ben Affleck's last appearance as Batman will be in the upcoming movie for The Flash, with it also said Matt Reeves wants to cast the new Batman with fresh talent as well for his solo flick. This would mean that the cinematic side of the DCEU would be housed under the same division as the rest of the studios' films, and DC would no longer have a separate building on the Warner Bros. lot. The studio is "still developing a standalone Flash feature".
- Here's The Latest Trailer For Lynne Ramsay's 'You Were Never Really Here'
- "Happiest Christmas song" performed at intu Lakeside
- Journée déterminante pour Aboubacar Soumah et ses camarades — Grève en Guinée
- Tokyo 2020 mascot designs shortlisted for children's vote
- Creek Fire: Firefighters steadily increase containment
- National Basketball Association 'moving quickly' to put G League franchise in Mexico
- JEB Little Creek Holds Pearl Harbor Ceremony
- State reps ring bell for Salvation Army
- Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif goofing around is a fun watch
- Manmohan Singh says Modi Government can not equal UPA's economic growth