Following US President Donald Trump's controversial decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital, a senior Fatah official of the Palestinian Authority stated that US Vice President Mike Pence is not welcome in Palestinian territory and that his requested meeting with PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas "will not take place." .
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas addresses the 72nd United Nations General Assembly at U.N. headquarters in NY, U.S., September 20, 2017.
"In order to ensure the success of reconciliation, we have instructed the government to go to the Gaza Strip and work to find solutions to the daily suffering of our people there", Abbas said in a statement carried by the official Wafa news agency.
Rajoub also signaled that Abbas would not meet with Pence. It was not clear what Rajoub's remarks meant for the West Bank portion of Pence's trip.
Police arrest main suspect in the murder of Yosif Al-Hasnawi
James Mattheson, 20, was arrested Monday in connection with the shooting was also charged with accessory after the fact . The arrest of Dale Burningsky King, a 19-year old, was made in Hagersville Ontario around 4:30 p.m. on Thursday.
In making his announcement on Wednesday, Trump also said that he would direct the State Department to begin preparations for moving the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, though he signed a national security waiver keeping the facility in Tel Aviv for the time being.
He added that "the decision of the trump will not change the reality of al-Quds (the Arabic name for Jerusalem, which is claimed by Palestinians) - the Arab, Muslim and Christian city is the eternal capital of Palestine".
Violence breaks out following United States recognition of Jerusalem as Israeli capital.
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's Champions' Ballad DLC Available Tonight
- 'In the Valley of Gods' Announced - Screens & Trailer
- Podcast: Lakers beat Sixers on the road behind Brandon Ingram game-winner
- La Russie déclare que la Syrie est totalement libérée de Daech
- Star Wars Battlefront 2's premium currency might not return
- Honda's Super Cute 3E Robotics Concepts Heading To CES 2018
- US House Intelligence chairman cleared of disclosing classified information
- Instagram está probando una app de mensajería en Chile
- Investors Buy Shares of Coca-Cola (KO) on Weakness
- Wenger responds to call for Giroud to leave Arsenal