The economic realities of the food business (meaning, it's more expensive to make everything) eventually led to its demise, but hope springs eternal, and that hope got a boost a few months ago when reports suggested the fast food giant was looking at bringing something like the Dollar Menu back to its restaurants. In October, it attributed a rise in a key sales figure during the third quarter to its $1 sodas and a two-for-$5 promotion called McPick 2.
"We built this new menu with variety and value firmly in mind", said Chris Kempczinski, president, McDonald's USA. But the move hurt sales as customers went elsewhere for low-cost fast food.
Taco Bell announced Tuesday that the fast food restaurant plans on adding 20 items to their dollar menu by December 2018.
Jury Delivers Guilty Verdict in John Feit Murder Trial
A former monk told jurors that Feit confessed to him three years after the killing and showed no remorse. A jury just reached their decision for a former priest on trial for the 1960 murder of Irene Garza.
There are a dozen items on the new menu, including a sausage burrito for a buck, a bacon McDouble for $2 and a Happy Meal for $3.
While Taco Bell's "Dolllar Cravings" menu has been around for three years, the chain plans to add 20 new items to the 11 now on it throughout 2018. It tested other names, but customers liked the Dollar Menu one best, said Chris Kempczinski, who oversees McDonald's Corp.'s US business.
- Firefighters free YouTube prankster who cemented head into microwave
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Creators Announce Witchfire
- Soul Calibur 6 Reveal Trailer Unveiled at The Game Awards
- Champions League Last-16 Teams Confirmed
- 'In the Valley of Gods' Announced - Screens & Trailer
- Ikea et Sonos s'associent pour l'amour de la musique à la maison
- Trump's second-in-command Pence 'unwelcome in Palestine': Fatah official
- Podcast: Lakers beat Sixers on the road behind Brandon Ingram game-winner
- Effects of depression in Bay of Bengal decreasing
- YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018