The economic realities of the food business (meaning, it's more expensive to make everything) eventually led to its demise, but hope springs eternal, and that hope got a boost a few months ago when reports suggested the fast food giant was looking at bringing something like the Dollar Menu back to its restaurants. In October, it attributed a rise in a key sales figure during the third quarter to its $1 sodas and a two-for-$5 promotion called McPick 2.
"We built this new menu with variety and value firmly in mind", said Chris Kempczinski, president, McDonald's USA. But the move hurt sales as customers went elsewhere for low-cost fast food.
Taco Bell announced Tuesday that the fast food restaurant plans on adding 20 items to their dollar menu by December 2018.
Effects of depression in Bay of Bengal decreasing
The met department forecast heavy rain in the coastal areas of Gangetic West Bengal on Friday owing to formation of a depression in the Bay of Bengal.
There are a dozen items on the new menu, including a sausage burrito for a buck, a bacon McDouble for $2 and a Happy Meal for $3.
While Taco Bell's "Dolllar Cravings" menu has been around for three years, the chain plans to add 20 new items to the 11 now on it throughout 2018. It tested other names, but customers liked the Dollar Menu one best, said Chris Kempczinski, who oversees McDonald's Corp.'s US business.
- Watch the unhinged new trailer for Kojima and Del Toro's Death Stranding
- YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will enter PUBG 1.0 launch on December 20
- Philippe Coutinho's message after Liverpool rout is seriously encouraging for Barcelona
- Clashes continue as Israel strikes Gaza militant posts after rockets fired
- Bayonetta 3 exclusive to Switch announced
- Champions League Last-16 Teams Confirmed
- Gigaba to assess damages to pension funds caused by Steinhoff saga
- Ikea et Sonos s'associent pour l'amour de la musique à la maison
- Jury Delivers Guilty Verdict in John Feit Murder Trial