Granting conditional approval to the Punjab government, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of multi-billion Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) project setting aside the verdict of Lahore High Court (LHC).
According to the details, SC's three-member larger bench headed by Justice Ejaz Afzal saved the decision regarding the Orange Line on April 17 which would be announced on Friday (today) to decide the fate of the Orange Line Train project. The bench included Justices Sheikh Azmat Saeed, Maqbool Baqar, Ijaul Ahsan and Mazhar Alam Miankhel.
The apex court today ordered the Punjab government to resume construction on the train project and complete it by the planned date.
Although the apex court has allowed the Punjab government to go ahead with the project at the same speed, the bench has set 31 conditions to ensure the project's transparency. The court has also directed the provincial government to commission a Rs100 million fund for the protection and safekeeping of the sites.
The other committee will assess any losses suffered due to the suspension of construction work due to the LHC decision.
S&P 500 breaks four-day slump, end slightly higher
Stocks are closing higher on Wall Street, breaking a four-day losing streak for the Standard & Poor's 500 index. Technology stocks were the only sector to rise, but they gave up much of the ground they had won earlier.
The Punjab government and Punjab Mass Transit Authority had filed petitions in the Supreme Court against the LHC verdict.
It is to mention here that about 78 percent work on the project has been completed.
Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif launched the project in collaboration with a Chinese company in May 2014.
The committees will oversee the construction work through the historical sites and make sure no harm comes to them during the process. These heritage sites are protected under the Punjab Special Premises (Preservation) Ordinance, 1985 and Antiquity Act, 1975.
- New OnePlus 5T update brings camera UI optimizations, photo quality improvements
- Watch Nicki Minaj & Cardi B Dominate Migos In "Motorsport" Video Premiere
- Padmavati row: Shatrughan Sinha slams Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Instagram bosse sur une app de messagerie autonome
- Eminem Admits He Isn't Proud of Some of His Albums
- Juan Mata wanted to 'prove himself' to Mourinho at United
- BDO Wealth Advisors LLC Has $741000 Position in MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET)
- Gladwin hospital named one of the best in the nation
- Legal & General Group Plc Purchases 157874 Shares of Domino's Pizza Inc (DPZ)
- American Outdoor Brands (AOBC) Updates Q3 Earnings Guidance