Granting conditional approval to the Punjab government, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of multi-billion Orange Line Metro Train (OLMT) project setting aside the verdict of Lahore High Court (LHC).
According to the details, SC's three-member larger bench headed by Justice Ejaz Afzal saved the decision regarding the Orange Line on April 17 which would be announced on Friday (today) to decide the fate of the Orange Line Train project. The bench included Justices Sheikh Azmat Saeed, Maqbool Baqar, Ijaul Ahsan and Mazhar Alam Miankhel.
The apex court today ordered the Punjab government to resume construction on the train project and complete it by the planned date.
Although the apex court has allowed the Punjab government to go ahead with the project at the same speed, the bench has set 31 conditions to ensure the project's transparency. The court has also directed the provincial government to commission a Rs100 million fund for the protection and safekeeping of the sites.
The other committee will assess any losses suffered due to the suspension of construction work due to the LHC decision.
Canola oil may be harmful to brain, study says
The team used 6-month-old mouse models to test the link between the oil and its influence on Alzheimer's disease. Divided into two groups, the mice were fed two different diets.
The Punjab government and Punjab Mass Transit Authority had filed petitions in the Supreme Court against the LHC verdict.
It is to mention here that about 78 percent work on the project has been completed.
Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif launched the project in collaboration with a Chinese company in May 2014.
The committees will oversee the construction work through the historical sites and make sure no harm comes to them during the process. These heritage sites are protected under the Punjab Special Premises (Preservation) Ordinance, 1985 and Antiquity Act, 1975.
- FDA releases long-awaited clinical decision support guidance, clarifies oversight of mobile apps
- Edward Jones Upgrades Suncor Energy (SU) to "Buy"
- BDO Wealth Advisors LLC Has $741000 Position in MetLife, Inc. (NYSE:MET)
- Bernie Sanders: Trump Should 'Also Think About Resigning' Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- American Outdoor Brands (AOBC) Updates Q3 Earnings Guidance
- Gladwin hospital named one of the best in the nation
- Eminem Admits He Isn't Proud of Some of His Albums
- Noré gagnant de Secret Story 11, "c'est un rêve éveillé" (INTERVIEW VIDEO)
- New OnePlus 5T update brings camera UI optimizations, photo quality improvements
- Southern California utility may shut down power lines to prevent fires