Lake effect snow squalls off Northern Lake Huron are occurring today.
Local snowfall amounts of 8 to 10 cms are expected in the heaviest snow squalls.
Highway 17 is likely to be affected.
UPDATE (3:18 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 7): A snow squall warning has ended but a watch continues for Bayfield Inlet - Dunchurch and South River - Burk's Falls and is now in effect for North Bay - Powassan - Mattawa and West Nipissing - French River areas, as well.
Carbon monoxide leak kills 1, injures others at SF building
The residents received medical treatment at the scene, and one was transported to a hospital in stable condition. Four residents on the upper level were able to get out and were treated at the scene.
Strong and gusty southwesterly winds are also expected to whip up the freshly falling snow, resulting in very low visibility in blowing snow. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow.
Motorists should expect hazardous winter driving conditions today and change travel plans accordingly.
Snow squall watches are issued when conditions are favourable for the formation of bands of snow that could produce intense accumulating snow or near zero visibilities.
- Tokyo 2020 mascot designs shortlisted for children's vote
- US House passes stopgap spending bill to avoid gov't shutdown
- Les clubs déjà qualifiés pour les 16es — Ligue Europa
- Palestinians injured in clashes with Israeli in Gaza city
- Johnny Hallyday sera enterré lundi sur l'île de Saint-Barthélemy
- Warner Bros.' 'Justice League' Letdown Spurs Management Changes
- Understanding the Latest Financial Performance of The Chemours Company (NYSE:CC)
- The Eagles will return to Charlotte in 2018, with Glenn Frey's son
- Heyman | Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins
- Klopp évasif sur l'avenir de Coutinho — Liverpool