Lake effect snow squalls off Northern Lake Huron are occurring today.
Local snowfall amounts of 8 to 10 cms are expected in the heaviest snow squalls.
Highway 17 is likely to be affected.
UPDATE (3:18 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 7): A snow squall warning has ended but a watch continues for Bayfield Inlet - Dunchurch and South River - Burk's Falls and is now in effect for North Bay - Powassan - Mattawa and West Nipissing - French River areas, as well.
Dylan Farrow: The hypocrisy behind Hollywood's continued acceptance of Woody Allen
Winslet is receiving criticism for starring in Allen's new film " Wonder Wheel ". Allen has always denied all of the allegations.
Strong and gusty southwesterly winds are also expected to whip up the freshly falling snow, resulting in very low visibility in blowing snow. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow.
Motorists should expect hazardous winter driving conditions today and change travel plans accordingly.
Snow squall watches are issued when conditions are favourable for the formation of bands of snow that could produce intense accumulating snow or near zero visibilities.
- Warner Bros.' 'Justice League' Letdown Spurs Management Changes
- Raymond Dokpesi : AIT boss says APC has destroyed PDP's legacy
- The Eagles will return to Charlotte in 2018, with Glenn Frey's son
- New Jimi Hendrix LP Unearths 10 Previously Unheard Recordings
- Manmohan Singh says Modi Government can not equal UPA's economic growth
- Russell Crowe Jokes About 'Sodomizing' Co-Star While Filming 'Romper Stomper'
- "Happiest Christmas song" performed at intu Lakeside
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 : la dernière mise à jour facilite la progression
- Asian leaders slam Trump's OK of Jerusalem as Israel capital
- Understanding the Latest Financial Performance of The Chemours Company (NYSE:CC)