Actor Reese Witherspoon is facing a lawsuit over the film Gone Girl which she produced. According to TMZ, Leslie Weller maintains she wrote a screenplay in 2005 called Out of the Blue, which is strikingly similar to Gillian Flynn's thriller.
According to documents obtained by TMZ, Lesley Weller claims that she sent a copy of her screenplay - called Out of the Blue - to a script consultant in 2005, and that the book Gone Girl, which came out almost a decade later, was copped from her screenplay.
Reese Witherspoon is being sued over "Gone Girl".
The film, directed by David Fincher, was based on Gillian Flynn's novel of the same name.
Taco Bell to add 20 items to $1 menu in 2018
There are a dozen items on the new menu, including a sausage burrito for a buck, a bacon McDouble for $2 and a Happy Meal for $3. Taco Bell announced Tuesday that the fast food restaurant plans on adding 20 items to their dollar menu by December 2018.
Weller claims a bunch of similarities. they both focus on a married couple's relationship where the husband and wife are slowly drifting apart.
She alleges that they both include how everyone sympathizes with the wife, before beginning to hate the husband. She then sent it to a script consultant, which she claims set the wheels in motion for her script to get stolen. It featured actors Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Neil Patrick Harris, and Tyler Perry.
Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news?
- Virushka nuptials alert! Anushka Sharma, along with parents, spotted at Mumbai T2
- New Basel rules could have "big impact" on Danish banks: government
- China exports jumped in November as import gains signal strength
- Ex-South Carolina cop's shooting of motorist was murder: judge
- Deep South Snow Expected Friday from Parts of Louisiana to North Carolina
- The Outlast games are headed to Nintendo Switch
- TGA 2017: Vacation Simulator Revealed for PS VR, Oculus Rift & HTC Vive
- Auditor: DCF Missed Serious Injuries To Kids
- Atkins To Replace De León, Become First Female Senate President Pro Tem
- La France en net progrès — Décrocheurs scolaires