Chief Damishi Sango, Plateau PDP Chairman and former sports minister, has been kidnapped by by yet to be identified persons.
The Publicity Secretary of the PDP in Plateau State, John Akans, confirmed the demand.
The incident was said to have occured while they were in transit from Jos to Abuja in preparations for the party's national convention.
Sango was abducted alongside a one-time factional state Chairman of the PDP in Pateau State, Emmanuel Mangni.
"Yes, it is true, the abductors of Hon Damishi T. Sango are demanding a ransom of N100m", he said.
"The family spoke with him and he assured them that he is safe". None of them have been released.
Norberto Rivera deja de ser arzobispo; pide disculpas por errores
Asimismo, el portal digital del periódico Milenio mencionó que, en el transcurso de este jueves, el Vaticano anuncie de manera oficial la sustitución.
Mapis, however, said that no one had contacted the family so far.
"They are still with their abductors.We are waiting to see whether the kidnappers will reduce the ransom tomorrow. I'm on my way to Abuja". It was the security operatives that told the family that their breadwinner had been kidnapped because the auto that was abandoned drew the attention of the security operatives.
He said the Plateau Command was working in synergy with the Kaduna office to rescue the victims and possibly arrest those behind the incident.
"They told us that the vehicle was with them and there was no occupant".
In a telephone interview yesterday, Muktar said "the Inspector General of Police's (IG's) Anti-Kidnapping Team and the Special Tactical Squad (STS) have swung into action to recue the victims when we received a distress call at about 6p.m on Wednesday about the incident, which occurred along Kagarko-Jere road". "We are just so anxious and confused", he said. He urged security agencies to intensify efforts to ascertain the fate of the victims and rescue them.
- Justice Dept. seeking info on Planned Parenthood's fetal tissue practices
- British, Irish leaders talk over phone on Brexit border deal
- Ex-South Carolina cop's shooting of motorist was murder: judge
- Leicester boss Puel admits he may need to sell strikers in January
- Pa. state lawmaker faces calls to resign after calling fellow lawmaker gay
- Trump reconnaît Jérusalem comme capitale d'Israël "regrettable" pour Macron
- A Way Out trailer revealed during The Game Awards 2017
- Johnny Hallyday : le médecin qui l'a suivi s'est exprimé
- Virushka nuptials alert! Anushka Sharma, along with parents, spotted at Mumbai T2
- China exports jumped in November as import gains signal strength