The Nou Camp outfit were close to signing the 25-year-old - who celebrated his hat-trick exploits with his family at San Carlo restaurant on Wednesday - but Liverpool refused to sell their prized asset.
Salah, Mane, Coutinho and Firmino have averaged a goal every 23 minutes this season when all been on the pitch this season, and will be hoping to improve that amount this forthcoming weekend against Everton in the Merseyside derby.
But Coutinho's performance may have come at a price.
Barcelona are reportedly lining up a £127million move for the playmaker when the January transfer window opens.
Ferdinand is right in that since the past summer's transfer turmoil and Barcelona's numerous reported bids, Coutinho has got back to what he does best, with nine goals and six assists in 14 games across all competitions. What will happen in January, we will know it in January.
YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018
Without major label support, a streaming service can not offer proper content to keep users interested. The service will combine both traditional music streaming and music videos, according to the report.
Liverpool's marquee player Philippe Coutinho was the subject of intense interest from Barcelona last summer, however a move never materialised in the end. That season, it was Luis Suarez who scored from all conceivable angles to become the official Premier League player of the season that year, and his equivalent this year in terms of goal quantity has been Egypt worldwide Mohamed Salah.
I'm very happy to play alongside all these great players. "I do not know if there will be an offer", explained the Brazilian, being completely frank. We play at home and the fans deserve a win so we'll do our best to get it.
German football legend Lothar Matthaus has claimed that Philippe Coutinho is being played in a wrong position for Liverpool.
"Jurgen Klopp has done little to quash the rumours when asked whether the Brazilian would be at Liverpool in February, yet further indication that Coutinho is destined to bid farewell to Anfield".
- Los Angeles Wildfire Threatens Getty Museum
- Investors Buy Shares of Coca-Cola (KO) on Weakness
- Kevin Gausman changing number to honor Roy Halladay
- 'In the Valley of Gods' Announced - Screens & Trailer
- US House Intelligence chairman cleared of disclosing classified information
- Police arrest main suspect in the murder of Yosif Al-Hasnawi
- Bayonetta 3 exclusive to Switch announced
- Fortnite Battle Royale update adds new inventory UI, boosts performance
- Lawsuit Accuses Bryan Singer of Sexually Assaulting 17-Year-Old Boy
- Trump's second-in-command Pence 'unwelcome in Palestine': Fatah official