Meek's battle with the criminal justice system came to a head in November when he was sentenced to two to four years in prison for a probation violation.
TMZ adds that Meek's lawyers "have ordered a full transcript to show the appeals court the judge was prejudiced". His legal team filed an appeal after Judge Genece Brinkley, who also sentenced him, rejected a similar motion while calling him a "danger to the community".
She also alleged that the rapper "might have lied to the police and his probation officer about his address" and questions "the validity of his clean drug tests".
Tokyo 2020 mascot designs shortlisted for children's vote
The mascots' names will be chosen based on feedback from creative professionals and will be announced next summer. As for Candidate C, the Olympic mascot features a fox, while the Paralympic mascot is inspired by a raccoon dog.
Meek's serving his 2 to 4 years at Pennsylvania's SCI Chester. where he's part of the general labor crew, getting his hands very dirty. Meek's legal team filed another motion to a higher court following Brinkley's rejection but his request was once again denied.
Cleaning his cell block, washing dishes, maintaining the upkeep of prison grounds and even cooking and serving food are under his weekly duties.
He's supposedly also on the wait list for therapy courses, and is allowed to use the electrical and carpentry shops.
- Johnny Hallyday sera enterré lundi sur l'île de Saint-Barthélemy
- Flames' Matthew Tkachuk suspended for 'junior-hockey' spearing incident vs. Maple Leafs
- Here's The Latest Trailer For Lynne Ramsay's 'You Were Never Really Here'
- "Je ne représenterai pas le Président américain aux Jeux Olympiques" — Vonn
- The Eagles will return to Charlotte in 2018, with Glenn Frey's son
- US House passes stopgap spending bill to avoid gov't shutdown
- National Basketball Association 'moving quickly' to put G League franchise in Mexico
- Heyman | Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins
- Asian leaders slam Trump's OK of Jerusalem as Israel capital
- Sverrir Gudnason Tapped To Star In 'The Girl in the Spider's Web'