"To equal the UPA's ten year average, the economy will have to grow at 10.6% in the fifth year, I would be happy if it were to happen but I frankly do not think it will", Manmohan Singh told media persons in Gujarat's Rajkot. The Congress leader criticised the BJP for not doing enough to tackle allegations of corruption levelled against the party leaders. He said "Whoever faced corruption allegations during UPA was dealt with strictly, but the same can not be said about BJP, they have not acted on corruption in their rule,". "They have not acted on corruption in their rule", he said.
Continuing to lambast the present dispensation at the Centre and the BJP, Singh said, "I invoke memories of more than 100 people who lost their lives while standing in queues as a result of demonetisation".
On the National Security front, Mr. Singh had said that our national security has been hurt by the inconsistent foreign policies of this Government.
US House passes stopgap spending bill to avoid gov't shutdown
Democrats boycotted a similar gathering last week after Trump tweeted that he didn't see a deal as being possible. Ryan declined Thursday to confirm any such deal; Pelosi said it would be a nonstarter for Democrats.
"Modi ji says he took up Narmada issue with me but I don't remember him talking to me about this issue", he said. Though whenever he wanted to meet me, I never refused.
He said that as a Prime Minister of India, it was his responsibility to meet all CM's of the Country.
Singh has been campaigning for the Congress in Gujarat, Modi's home state, which votes for a new Assembly December 9 and 14.
- AngloGold to expand Western Australia mine, boosting production
- Journée déterminante pour Aboubacar Soumah et ses camarades — Grève en Guinée
- Johnny Hallyday sera enterré lundi sur l'île de Saint-Barthélemy
- Palestinians injured in clashes with Israeli in Gaza city
- PCB announces PSL 2018 schedule, final to be played in Karachi
- Goa CM Manohar Parrikar says 'Padmavati' fate only after Censor clearance
- Creek Fire: Firefighters steadily increase containment
- Dylan Farrow: The hypocrisy behind Hollywood's continued acceptance of Woody Allen
- Paris prêt à remettre à Alger une copie de ses archives coloniales
- Republican congressman expected to resign over sexual misconduct claims