"To equal the UPA's ten year average, the economy will have to grow at 10.6% in the fifth year, I would be happy if it were to happen but I frankly do not think it will", Manmohan Singh told media persons in Gujarat's Rajkot. The Congress leader criticised the BJP for not doing enough to tackle allegations of corruption levelled against the party leaders. He said "Whoever faced corruption allegations during UPA was dealt with strictly, but the same can not be said about BJP, they have not acted on corruption in their rule,". "They have not acted on corruption in their rule", he said.
Continuing to lambast the present dispensation at the Centre and the BJP, Singh said, "I invoke memories of more than 100 people who lost their lives while standing in queues as a result of demonetisation".
On the National Security front, Mr. Singh had said that our national security has been hurt by the inconsistent foreign policies of this Government.
Sverrir Gudnason Tapped To Star In 'The Girl in the Spider's Web'
The screenplay is by Steven Knight and Fede Alvarez & Jay Basu , based on the global bestseller written by David Lagercrantz . He'll play the role of Mikael Blomquist in the sequel to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo .
"Modi ji says he took up Narmada issue with me but I don't remember him talking to me about this issue", he said. Though whenever he wanted to meet me, I never refused.
He said that as a Prime Minister of India, it was his responsibility to meet all CM's of the Country.
Singh has been campaigning for the Congress in Gujarat, Modi's home state, which votes for a new Assembly December 9 and 14.
- PCB announces PSL 2018 schedule, final to be played in Karachi
- AngloGold to expand Western Australia mine, boosting production
- Heyman | Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins
- State reps ring bell for Salvation Army
- Klopp évasif sur l'avenir de Coutinho — Liverpool
- Quentin Tarantino's Planned Star Trek Movie Will Be Rated R
- Here's The Latest Trailer For Lynne Ramsay's 'You Were Never Really Here'
- Cowboys using new uniform color combination for game against Giants
- "Happiest Christmas song" performed at intu Lakeside
- Dylan Farrow: The hypocrisy behind Hollywood's continued acceptance of Woody Allen