"Being a kid in love with the game of baseball, many of my afternoons and fondest childhood memories are of watching the game with my dad", Gausman wrote in his post.
Gausman and Halladay were both born in Colorado with Gausman's hometown of Centennial just under 30 minutes away from Halladay's birthplace in Denver. "Naturally I became a fan of fellow Colorado native Roy Halladay".
The Orioles right-hander announced on Twitter that he is wearing No. 34 in honor of Roy Halladay, the two-time Cy Young Award victor who was killed when his plane crashed off the coast of Florida on November 7. "I'd like to think we have our own fraternity amongst ourselves".
The 26-year-old concluded by saying that he will honor Halladay on and off the field.
Confidence in Edison Intl (NYSE:EIX) Shares by Mizuho Fall
Staying on top of longer-term price action may help provide investors with a wider range of reference when doing stock analysis. Currently, 1.70% of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN) are owned by insiders with 93.88% six-month change in the insider ownership.
Gausman went 11-12 last season with the Orioles in 34 starts with a 4.68 ERA and 179 strikeouts.
Kevin Gausman will wear No. 34 next season.
Baltimore took Gausman with the fourth pick of the first round in the 2012 MLB Draft.
The Tiger ace had a big sophomore year, starting 17 games, finishing with a 12-2 record and a 2.77 ERA.
- Square Enix confirme officiellement un nouveau Tomb Raider pour 2018
- On en sait plus sur les trois iPhone prévus pour 2018
- Father Dining With Family Shoots And Kills Armed Robber
- Alzheimer's Cases to Double by 2060
- 50% of All Flickr Photos Are Shot with Smartphones Now - Mostly iPhones
- Carbon monoxide leak kills 1, injures others at SF building
- L'armée israélienne riposte à des tirs de projectiles depuis Gaza
- Jeff Sessions Faces Tough Cannabis Questions-From DOJ Interns
- New Jersey Police Officer's Dashcam Catches Fireball Flash Across Sky
- Russell Crowe Jokes About 'Sodomizing' Co-Star While Filming 'Romper Stomper'