"Being a kid in love with the game of baseball, many of my afternoons and fondest childhood memories are of watching the game with my dad", Gausman wrote in his post.
Gausman and Halladay were both born in Colorado with Gausman's hometown of Centennial just under 30 minutes away from Halladay's birthplace in Denver. "Naturally I became a fan of fellow Colorado native Roy Halladay".
The Orioles right-hander announced on Twitter that he is wearing No. 34 in honor of Roy Halladay, the two-time Cy Young Award victor who was killed when his plane crashed off the coast of Florida on November 7. "I'd like to think we have our own fraternity amongst ourselves".
The 26-year-old concluded by saying that he will honor Halladay on and off the field.
50% of All Flickr Photos Are Shot with Smartphones Now - Mostly iPhones
The Canon 5D Mark II was in the top 10 a year ago , but it has since dropped out and been overtaken by yet another iPhone model. This category has seen the biggest drop of the year at 12 percent down from 48 percent in 2016 - a massive decline.
Gausman went 11-12 last season with the Orioles in 34 starts with a 4.68 ERA and 179 strikeouts.
Kevin Gausman will wear No. 34 next season.
Baltimore took Gausman with the fourth pick of the first round in the 2012 MLB Draft.
The Tiger ace had a big sophomore year, starting 17 games, finishing with a 12-2 record and a 2.77 ERA.
- Les clubs déjà qualifiés pour les 16es — Ligue Europa
- Jeff Sessions Faces Tough Cannabis Questions-From DOJ Interns
- Alzheimer's Cases to Double by 2060
- Nepal holds final round of parliamentary, provincial assembly elections
- Snow squall watch continues for Almaguin, North Bay
- Carbon monoxide leak kills 1, injures others at SF building
- China border standoff escalates after drone crash
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 : la dernière mise à jour facilite la progression
- He aceptado la invitación de Meade para coordinar su campaña: Nuño
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes