Rhodes joined the set-up in 2009, and Mumbai subsequently won three IPL titles - 2013, 2015, 2017 - as well as two Champions League Twenty20 titles in 2011 and 2013.
New Zealand's James Pamment has replaced Rhodes as Mumbai's new fielding coach, after the former South Africa global expressed his desire to move on from his role with the team and focus on other 'personal business ventures'. "Over the last nine years, MI has set sporting benchmarks both on and off the field, and personally it has been fantastic to work with a set of individuals like Sachin [Tendulkar], Rohit [Sharma], Anil [Kumble], Ricky [Ponting], Mahela [Jayawardene] and all the support staff and players over the years".
MI owner Akash Ambani termed South African Rhodes contribution as "invaluable and immeasurable".
Jonty Rhodes was with the Mumbai IPL outfit for the past nine seasons.
Democrat Andrew White announces run for governor
White, who considers himself a "conservative Democrat", could also face resistance in his party's primary. He joins a crowded field of Democratic challengers, including former Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez.
Rhodes' replacement, the 49-year-old Pamment has been employed with New Zealand Cricket as fielding specialist and its development programmes. His contribution can not be valued in words.
Pamment, who played for Yorkshire before moving to New Zealand, was the high performance coach with Northern Districts Cricket Association from 2008 until date. "Jonty will always be a part of Mumbai Indians family for life". We respect his decision and wish him the best for the future.
"It has been a remarkable journey with Mumbai Indians, one that I will cherish all my life", reminisced Rhodes.
He retired from worldwide cricket after the 2003 World Cup in South Africa, and has been into coaching after having worked with Standard Chartered Bank as an Account Executive. "And to be honest, his side's fielding unit was one of the best Mumbai Indians had ever faced". He has instilled a brilliant work culture among the players, on and off the field, and the results are out there for everyone to see.
- Will take to the streets against govt with Tahir-ul-Qadri: Zardari
- Memoir by Japan's Hirohito Fetches $275000 in NY
- Analyze the Analyst's Considerable Ratings:: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM)
- BB&T Securities LLC Has $1.64 Million Holdings in SCANA Co. (SCG)
- Saudi Prince Bader Secret Buyer Of Da Vinci's $450 Million 'Salvator Mundi'
- Genie Bouchard & Her Twitter Date Are Still Hanging, 10 Months Later
- Israeli gunfire wounds 6 Palestinians in southeast Gaza
- Reps. Bennie Thompson and John Lewis Will Not Attend Mississippi Museums' Opening
- Varadkar's popularity has risen in recent weeks despite Brexit controversy
- Malaysian PM Najib urges Muslims to strongly oppose Jerusalem as Israel's capital