In response to rocket fire earlier on Thursday evening, the IDF fired on Hamas targets in central Gaza.
The military said two rockets were launched towards Israel, but fell short of their intended destination and landed inside Gaza.
In the Gaza Strip, hundreds of Palestinians are demonstrating at six locations along the border, burning tires and throwing stones at IDF forces who are attempting to disperse the crowd.
"No injuries were reported", it added.
Clashes were also reported throughout Judea and Samaria as Palestinians rioted following United States President Donald Trump's declaration Wednesday night that the U.S. recognizes Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
HWL Finals: India stunned by Argentina 0-1 in semis
India earned two back-to-back penalty corners in the second quarter but Rupinder Pal Singh couldn't make use of either. Interestingly India was the only team to beat eventual Olympic Gold medal winners Argentina at Rio 2016.
Palestinian security officials in the enclave said the sites hit were two Hamas posts.
Israel's strikes on Gaza mark the second time in less than two weeks that the IDF attacked the area in retaliation for alleged attacks from Hamas.
During the Gaza war in 2014, Israel's Iron Dome rocket interceptor system largely protected the country's heartland from thousands of rocket barrages fired by militants.
Palestinians and Israeli troops had skirmished at the border earlier in the day.
According to Reuters, the responsibility for the launches was claimed by Al-Tawheed Brigades - a jihadist group based in Gaza which does not heed Hamas' call to abstain from rocket attacks.
- KBC Group NV Trims Stake in Dollar General Corp. (DG)
- Baisse de 600 millions des taxes scolaires
- Peacekeepers killed in attack on United Nations base in DR Congo
- Ce qu'il faut savoir sur le programme de l'édition 2017 — Téléthon
- British Airways to close final salary scheme
- Premier League games will be played on Saturday nights in 2019
- Gourmet Squirrel Steals Fancy Chocolates, Lip Balm From New Jersey Home
- Ducks elevate co-offensive coordinator Mario Cristobal to head coach
- Cesar Azpilicueta targeting more milestones for Chelsea
- New trailer for the Doctor Who Christmas special drops