The Seattle Mariners general manager made another splashy move of the offseason, acquiring speed-demon and two-time All-Star Dee Gordon in a trade with the Miami Marlins on Thursday, the Mariners confirmed.
Seattle also received worldwide slot money from Miami in exchange for minor leaguers Robert Dugger, Nick Neidert and Christopher Torres.
The Mariners are also in play for Japanese sensation Shohei Ohtani, an outfielder and pitcher, but they're running out of open positions.
Last season with the Marlins, Gordon hit.308 and won the National League stolen base crown with 60 steals.
After missing 80 games of the 2016 season for a violation of MLB's performance enhancing drug policy, Gordon returned to action and hit an emotional home run in the first game after the death of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez.
But in 79 games, he still had 30 stolen bases that season. He is the only active player to bat at least.300 while stealing at least 50 bases in multiple seasons (2015 and 2017).
Johnny Hallyday sera enterré lundi sur l'île de Saint-Barthélemy
Laeticia Hallyday a annoncé ce jeudi, au lendemain de la mort de Johnny Hallyday , que le chanteur serait inhumé à Saint-Barthélémy.
Assuming Seattle takes on Gordon's entire contract, Miami has chopped their projected 2018 payroll to just over $120 million.
In fact Gordon, who began his professional career in 2008 with the Ogden Raptors of the Pioneer League, has only played 13 games in the outfield during his time in the Dominican Winter League in 2013-14. He also played three games in left field and one game in right field for that team.
Dee Gordon is on the move.
Gordon is guaranteed $38 million over the remainder of his contract, which calls for salaries of $10.5 million, $13 million and $13.5 million in the next three seasons.
- David de Gea-powered Manchester United stun Arsenal to trim City's lead
- Journée déterminante pour Aboubacar Soumah et ses camarades — Grève en Guinée
- Game of Thrones saison 8 : il va falloir attendre 2019
- Trump homeless vet decision not just immoral, it's inhumane
- New Jimi Hendrix LP Unearths 10 Previously Unheard Recordings
- How Dollar General Earnings Are Pushing the Stock to New Highs
- AngloGold to expand Western Australia mine, boosting production
- Flames' Matthew Tkachuk suspended for 'junior-hockey' spearing incident vs. Maple Leafs
- Insurance claims total $9B for California fires
- Klopp évasif sur l'avenir de Coutinho — Liverpool