Drugmaker Gilead Sciences Inc said on Thursday it was acquiring privately-held Cell Design Labs Inc for up to $567 million, giving it access to new technology platforms that would help in the development of cancer drugs.
It is the second move by Gilead in recent months to invest in cutting-edge cancer treatments known as vehicle T cell therapy. The company said it will acquire the 12.2% of Cell Design shares held by recently acquired Kite Pharma Inc.
Both Kite and Cell Design Labs develop cancer therapies that involve extracting a patient's own cells from his or her blood, genetically modifying them, and then reintroducing them into the person's body to attack harmful cancer cells.
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Creators Announce Witchfire
The announcement didn't reveal which systems Witchfire is in development for or a release window. It appears that everything we were shown at the Game Awards was, in fact, all gameplay footage.
Gilead said it would make an initial upfront payment to Cell Design of about $175 million and additional payments of up to $322 million upon meeting certain milestones.
Shares of Gilead rose marginally after the bell.
- Bayonetta 1, 2 et 3 annoncés sur Nintendo Switch
- Trump reconnaît Jérusalem comme capitale d'Israël "regrettable" pour Macron
- Bigg Boss 11: Divya Agarwal confronted Priyank Sharma in BB House
- Atkins To Replace De León, Become First Female Senate President Pro Tem
- Brexit - Theresa May en route pour Bruxelles pour rencontrer Juncker
- Norberto Rivera deja de ser arzobispo; pide disculpas por errores
- Ex-South Carolina cop's shooting of motorist was murder: judge
- Firefighters free YouTube prankster who cemented head into microwave
- La France en net progrès — Décrocheurs scolaires
- Auditor: DCF Missed Serious Injuries To Kids