The Minister of Finance, Malusi Gigaba, notes with grave concern the statement by Steinhoff International Holdings N.V., on Tuesday evening, with regard to accounting irregularities in its recent financial statements.
Malusi Gigaba says he is mindful that many retirement and savings funds may be affected by the loss in the value of Steinhoff shares. As the regulator for capital markets in South Africa, the Minster supports the decision by the Financial Services Board, which it has conveyed to the National Treasury, that it has instituted an independent investigation into possible false and misleading reports in terms of section 81 of the Financial Markets Act, as well as any related abuses; this is over and above an internal investigation by the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) to probe the extent of the accounting irregularities at Steinhoff.
Besides having major implications for private asset managers and investors, it also has serious implications for the Public Investment Corporation.
Instagram está probando una app de mensajería en Chile
Como mencionamos, la aplicación de mensajería está formato de pruebas, pero se estima que su lanzamiento es inminente. Direct tiene un look muy parecido a Snapchat , que se abre e inmediatamente dispone de la cámara para sacar fotos.
"Should any violations be found, the appropriate regulatory action will be taken in accordance with the legislation governing this area", an FSB spokesperson said yesterday.
The JSE confirmed yesterday that it had launched an investigation into Steinhoff and also indicated that it had decided not to suspend Steinhoff International listing as calls mounted for the axing of the board. Steinhoff also said its African unit will formally commit to refinancing its long-term liabilities owed to the company, boosting liquidity further.
"On the surface the acquisitions have been doing well but the truth is we now know nothing about the company and the true status of their results and profits and the best route is to stay well away until we do know", he said.
- YouTube to launch Spotify rival streaming music service in 2018
- #QLDVotes Labor claims its 48th seat, however LNP is yet to concede
- Los Angeles Wildfire Threatens Getty Museum
- Eagles TE Zach Ertz returns to practice after clearing concussion protocol
- Lawsuit Accuses Bryan Singer of Sexually Assaulting 17-Year-Old Boy
- How The Financial Crisis Gave Us Shorter Trees For Christmas This Year
- Fallen Kingdom' Is Here
- Bayonetta 3 exclusive to Switch announced
- 'In the Valley of Gods' Announced - Screens & Trailer
- US House Intelligence chairman cleared of disclosing classified information