The Daily Telegraph has made false, pejorative and demeaning claims splattering them with unrelenting bombast on its front pages.
Rush, who is best known for The King's Speech and the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, fronted media on Friday afternoon with his lawyer to make the announcement.
VETERAN Australian actor Geoffrey Rush has broken his silence on the allegations of inappropriate behaviour being made against him, dubbing the claims "intolerable" and announcing he's filed a defamation lawsuit.
Oscar-winning actor Geoffrey Rush has filed defamation proceedings against The Daily Telegraph in response to misconduct allegations against him that were published over the past week.
"This has created irreparable damage to my reputation, has been extremely hurtful to my wife, my daughter and my son and to my extended family as well as to many colleagues in the film, told vision and theatre industry".
"They were only filed today and I think this is the first that the Daily Telegraph has heard of this".
The Daily Telegraph published the story under the front-page headline of "King Leer". "Anything else is not pertinent to the goal of this conference".
Firefighters free YouTube prankster who cemented head into microwave
The group spent more than an hour trying to free the man before calling for help, and managed to feed an air tube into his mouth. The firefighters were called after the 22-year-old man's friends failed to set him free despite trying for an hour-and-a-half.
Pullen revealed Rush could not respond to any questions currently and the matter is now before the courts.
"It is in the interest of Geoffrey Rush and myself, lawyer Nicholas Pullen to clear his name".
Comment was being sought from the Daily Telegraph.
"Mr Rush has not been approached by the Sydney Theatre Company and the alleged complainant nor any representative of either of them concerning the matter you have raised", the letter stated. "We will defend our position in court".
The actor resigned the president of the Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts Awards after the allegations emerged and missed this week's awards ceremony.
Rush said in a statement to The Associated Press he was stepping down "effective immediately and until these issues have been resolved".
- Trump's second-in-command Pence 'unwelcome in Palestine': Fatah official
- #QLDVotes Labor claims its 48th seat, however LNP is yet to concede
- Taco Bell to add 20 items to $1 menu in 2018
- The Outlast games are headed to Nintendo Switch
- Soul Calibur 6 Reveal Trailer Unveiled at The Game Awards
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Creators Announce Witchfire
- Ikea et Sonos s'associent pour l'amour de la musique à la maison
- Champions League Last-16 Teams Confirmed
- Watch the unhinged new trailer for Kojima and Del Toro's Death Stranding
- Bigg Boss 11: Divya Agarwal confronted Priyank Sharma in BB House