A man is dead after police say a father shot and killed him for threatening his family inside a Popeye's Chicken restaurant in San Antonio.
A masked gunman reportedly walked into the fast food outlet at around 8.50pm and confronted a family as they were eating and tried to rob them, the San Antonio Police Department said.
"He was threatened by the robber, who was displaying a gun", Starnes said. The father of the family refused to give the suspect anything, so the would-be robber then turned to the employees, who ran out the back of the Popeye's.
Carbon monoxide leak kills 1, injures others at SF building
The residents received medical treatment at the scene, and one was transported to a hospital in stable condition. Four residents on the upper level were able to get out and were treated at the scene.
Police say that the father of that family was a carrying a gun, though, and shot the man dead in the restaurant.
"The citizen is a licensed carrier and did use his handgun to take down the robber", Starnes said. The father, a licensed handgun owner, is believed to have shot in defence of others, the Morning News reported. The father is not expected to face any charges.
- "Je ne représenterai pas le Président américain aux Jeux Olympiques" — Vonn
- Why 2017 Was a Year to Remember for Phillips 66
- Les clubs déjà qualifiés pour les 16es — Ligue Europa
- Alzheimer's Cases to Double by 2060
- Russell Crowe Jokes About 'Sodomizing' Co-Star While Filming 'Romper Stomper'
- Raymond Dokpesi : AIT boss says APC has destroyed PDP's legacy
- Nepal holds final round of parliamentary, provincial assembly elections
- Which Way Traders Signposts McDonald's Corporation (MCD), Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO) Stocks?
- China border standoff escalates after drone crash
- Snow squall watch continues for Almaguin, North Bay