John recently interview his friend for Interview magazine, which for years was edited by John's close friend, the late Ingrid Sischy, that was published today.
Releasing on December 15, Revival is set to include guest appearances from Beyonce, Phresher, Ed Sheeran, Alicia Keys, X Ambassadors, Skylar Grey, Kehlani and Pink. "I've tried to make a little something for everyone".
I remember one of the first times I went out to L.A.
"I met Dre and Jimmy [Iovine] at Interscope, and it felt so ridiculous and so far-fetched that this was happening". "Nothing in my life had been going right for me, but he put me up in the Oakwood apartments and paid my rent so I could record with him. I wanted to be prepared for Dre because I thought, 'If I'm not ready for every aspect of this, this could be it for me'". He's usually right about it, though. And some of our most vocal musicians were quiet, shellshocked.
Getty Images SHARE
It was about having the right to stand up to oppression. "I mean, that's exactly what the people in the military and the people who have given their lives for this country have fought for - for everybody to have a voice and to protest injustices and speak out against shit that's wrong", Em explains.
"Black boy, black boy, we ain't gonna lie to you; Black boy, black boy, we don't like the sight of you", he raps from the perspective of who appears to be a white police officer at the start of the track. He knows what he's doing.
We got the full Revival tracklist as well, bringing on some hefty features to take the mic. Em's team even dropped an album cover reveal, as they projected the album cover onto the Michigan Central Station building.
"Throughout history, African-Americans have been treated like shit, and I admit there have been times where it's been embarrassing to be a white boy."This is my opinion. In hindsight, waiting was probably better because eventually we got Shady Records and were able to sign them to it.
AFP, PNP recommend extension of martial law in Mindanao
He said the recommendation has been submitted to Malacañang by Defense Secretary and martial law administrator Delfin Lorenzana. Meanwhile, the Philippine National Police has endorsed a recommendation for a one-year extension of martial law in Mindanao .
- Legal & General Group Plc Purchases 157874 Shares of Domino's Pizza Inc (DPZ)
- BC patients wait more than 26 weeks for medical care
- Southern California utility may shut down power lines to prevent fires
- Leicester boss Puel admits he may need to sell strikers in January
- Hilary Duff & Matthew Koma Caught Kissing, Plus: Why They Got Back Together
- Rhumbline Advisers Trims Stake in Dell Technologies Inc. (DVMT)
- Edward Jones Upgrades Suncor Energy (SU) to "Buy"
- Elon Musk is sending his red Tesla to Mars next month
- Pa. state lawmaker faces calls to resign after calling fellow lawmaker gay
- Bernie Sanders: Trump Should 'Also Think About Resigning' Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations