The astronomer Phil Plait, who has been able to directly interrogate Elon Musk, has indicated on his blog that it did in fact launch its Tesla convertible on an elliptical orbit that would travel at close to the same distance between Earth and Sun and as far away as March. With the combination of Tesla and SpaceX, Musk has contributed to major advances in both the future of electric cars and in our ability to explore the universe.
Elon Musk, founder and boss of SpaceX, wants to send his Tesla red convertible in deep space to Mars to the edge of his new fuse of large capacity, "Falcon Heavy", whose first flight is expected at the earliest in January next year. The company initially won the contract for the space agency's Commercial Resupply Services (CRS, after which SpaceX names it ISS missions, the upcoming one called CRS13) for a total of 12 flights, at a cost of about $1.6 billion.
A supercar like the Tesla Roadster floating around in outer space is an interesting way in which Tesla and SpaceX could be so significant that they potentially outlive humanity.
The billionaire owner has a history of tweeting out information that is so unexpected that people can't tell whether he's serious or joking, but this statement seems pretty legitimate.
SpaceX confirmed last night the plan is for real, though no date has been set yet for the launch from Cape Canaveral in Florida.
Reese Witherspoon hit with lawsuit over Gone Girl adaptation
She then sent it to a script consultant, which she claims set the wheels in motion for her script to get stolen. The film, directed by David Fincher , was based on Gillian Flynn's novel of the same name.
He added: "Destination is Mars orbit". With the capability to propel 54 metric tons - roughly the weight of a full Boeing 737 jet - into space, the inclusion Elon Musk's electric vehicle doesn't seem that outlandish.
According to the company, The Falcon Heavy will be the world's most powerful rocket by a factor or two, and capable of lifting almost 120,000 pounds into Earth orbit.
"Just bear in mind that there is a good chance this monster rocket blows up, so I wouldn't put anything of irreplaceable sentimental value on it", he was quoted as saying.
The Falcon Heavy has 27 engines - three times the number SpaceX's Falcon 9 rockets have.
- Lost Sphear gets a demo on console and PC
- 2 killed, 2 injured in knife attack in Tokyo
- Hope Solo to run for president of US Soccer Federation
- Legal & General Group Plc Purchases 157874 Shares of Domino's Pizza Inc (DPZ)
- Rhumbline Advisers Trims Stake in Dell Technologies Inc. (DVMT)
- Leicester boss Puel admits he may need to sell strikers in January
- New OnePlus 5T update brings camera UI optimizations, photo quality improvements
- Plateau PDP Chairman, Damishi Sango, son, Kidnapped
- Johnny Hallyday : le médecin qui l'a suivi s'est exprimé
- IFM Investors Pty Ltd Raises Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)