The astronomer Phil Plait, who has been able to directly interrogate Elon Musk, has indicated on his blog that it did in fact launch its Tesla convertible on an elliptical orbit that would travel at close to the same distance between Earth and Sun and as far away as March. With the combination of Tesla and SpaceX, Musk has contributed to major advances in both the future of electric cars and in our ability to explore the universe.
Elon Musk, founder and boss of SpaceX, wants to send his Tesla red convertible in deep space to Mars to the edge of his new fuse of large capacity, "Falcon Heavy", whose first flight is expected at the earliest in January next year. The company initially won the contract for the space agency's Commercial Resupply Services (CRS, after which SpaceX names it ISS missions, the upcoming one called CRS13) for a total of 12 flights, at a cost of about $1.6 billion.
A supercar like the Tesla Roadster floating around in outer space is an interesting way in which Tesla and SpaceX could be so significant that they potentially outlive humanity.
The billionaire owner has a history of tweeting out information that is so unexpected that people can't tell whether he's serious or joking, but this statement seems pretty legitimate.
SpaceX confirmed last night the plan is for real, though no date has been set yet for the launch from Cape Canaveral in Florida.
Johnny Hallyday : le médecin qui l'a suivi s'est exprimé
Alité, il aurait même chanté O sole mio , selon le médecin. "Il nous faisait encore rigoler deux jours avant de partir". Le secret de sa force? " C'est cet amour incroyable qui l'unissait à Laeticia et à ses filles ", a-t-il conlu.
He added: "Destination is Mars orbit". With the capability to propel 54 metric tons - roughly the weight of a full Boeing 737 jet - into space, the inclusion Elon Musk's electric vehicle doesn't seem that outlandish.
According to the company, The Falcon Heavy will be the world's most powerful rocket by a factor or two, and capable of lifting almost 120,000 pounds into Earth orbit.
"Just bear in mind that there is a good chance this monster rocket blows up, so I wouldn't put anything of irreplaceable sentimental value on it", he was quoted as saying.
The Falcon Heavy has 27 engines - three times the number SpaceX's Falcon 9 rockets have.
- Virushka nuptials alert! Anushka Sharma, along with parents, spotted at Mumbai T2
- Padmavati row: Shatrughan Sinha slams Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- British, Irish leaders talk over phone on Brexit border deal
- Pa. state lawmaker faces calls to resign after calling fellow lawmaker gay
- AFP, PNP recommend extension of martial law in Mindanao
- American Outdoor Brands (AOBC) Updates Q3 Earnings Guidance
- New OnePlus 5T update brings camera UI optimizations, photo quality improvements
- Edward Jones Upgrades Suncor Energy (SU) to "Buy"
- China's forex reserves up for 10th straight month
- 2 killed, 2 injured in knife attack in Tokyo