In 1976, two Palestinians and two Germans hijacked an Air France flight on its way from Tel Aviv to Paris, diverting it to Entebbe Airport in Uganda. The rest of the hostages, mostly Israeli citizens, remained captive, threatened with death if the hijackers' demands went unmet. There, the hijackers took more than 200 passengers prisoner, until commandos from the Israel Defense Forces attempted a hostage-rescue mission.
Pedestrians hit in Lower Manhattan crash
Investigators said two vehicles - a Ford Explorer and Lincoln Town auto - were on Liberty Street when they collided. Police said the area is safe but to avoid it because of the ongoing collision investigation and traffic congestion.
The cast of 7 Days in Entebbe includes Rosamund Pike (Hostiles, Gone Girl), Daniel Brühl (Captain America: Civil War, The Alienist), Eddie Marsan (Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, Mark Felt: The Man Who Brought Down the White House), Ben Schnetzer (Warcraft: The Beginning, Happy Town), Lior Ashkenazi (Good Family, Foxtrot), and Denis Ménochet (Assassin's Creed, Spotless). It was written by Gregory Burke, who wrote the movie '71.
7 Days in Entebbe will be released on March 16, 2018 in the U.S. Were you aware of the story of the Entebbe hijacking? Check out the trailer for the movie above.
- BB&T Securities LLC Has $1.64 Million Holdings in SCANA Co. (SCG)
- Memoir by Japan's Hirohito Fetches $275000 in NY
- Pope calls for 'status quo' of Jerusalem to be respected
- Market Scan: Following Shares of US Index MSCI Ishares (EUSA)
- Overwatch's holiday event has a five-on-one Yeti boss fight mode
- Hearthstone's Kobolds & Catacombs Goes Live, Twitch Challenge Now Open
- Genie Bouchard & Her Twitter Date Are Still Hanging, 10 Months Later
- Honduras arrests Kentucky lawyer sought in $550-million disability fraud scheme
- I'm A Celeb viewers are saying the same thing about Dennis Wise
- Lilac Fire: Wildfire Breaks Out In Fallbrook, San Diego