Forex increased by $10 billion to $3.12 trillion in November.
Foreign exchange reserves suggest that capital outflows continued to be a non-issue last month, Julian Evans-Pritchard, an economist at Capital Economics, said.
In January, China's foreign exchange reserves fell below 3 trillion US dollars, but as the economy is on a firmer footing and the yuan continues to stabilize, the stockpile has increased steadily since February.
Deep South Snow Expected Friday from Parts of Louisiana to North Carolina
Freeze Warnings and Winter Weather Advisories have been issued for parts of southeast Texas and the Hill Country. As a general rule, snow is a rarity in Beaufort County, happening "maybe once a year" according to Lamb.
The yuan's surge this year has helped increase foreign purchases of Chinese bonds and stocks but authorities might have got a bit queasy as Beijing has long stated that it seeks two-way fluctuation in the Chinese currency.
The yuan exchange rate composite index released by China Foreign Exchange Trade System, which measures the yuan's strength relative to a basket of 24 currencies including the dollar, euro and Japanese yen, fell 0.56 percent at the end of November from a month earlier. Economists polled by The Wall Street Journal had expected a rise of $13 billion.
The value of gold reserves rose to $75.833 billion at the end of November, from $75.238 billion at the end of October, data on the PBOC website also showed.
- TGA 2017: Vacation Simulator Revealed for PS VR, Oculus Rift & HTC Vive
- Canning Vale fight: Witnesses tell of bloody brawl aftermath
- Trump reconnaît Jérusalem comme capitale d'Israël "regrettable" pour Macron
- Reese Witherspoon hit with lawsuit over Gone Girl adaptation
- Norberto Rivera deja de ser arzobispo; pide disculpas por errores
- Gilead to buy Cell Design Labs for up to $567 mln
- Bitcoin surges past $16000
- IFM Investors Pty Ltd Raises Holdings in Chevron Corporation (CVX)
- China exports jumped in November as import gains signal strength
- Pa. state lawmaker faces calls to resign after calling fellow lawmaker gay