The result means that Antonio Conte's team surrendered top spot in Group C to Roma and could now face a daunting prospect in the knockout stages. So United, City and Spurs know they will be up against teams who finished second.
There are set to be some heavyweight ties in the Champions League round of 16 with the seedings for the first knockout round now known.
Are there any other restrictions?
It is the first time in the history of the Champions League that a country has had five teams in the last-16 stage of the competition. That means Chelsea can not draw Roma, Manchester United can not be drawn to play against Basel and Tottenham will not be up against their Group H opponents Real Madrid.
However, teams from the same groups can not face each other, while teams from the same country can not take on one another either.
Any of these four teams are rivals of maximum difficulty, especially considering that Real Madrid will have to play the second leg away from the Santiago Bernabéu, Real Madrid's stadium.
How The Financial Crisis Gave Us Shorter Trees For Christmas This Year
That 10-year from planting to harvest yields what he calls a "money" tree - one ranging between six and eight feet. Confession: I literally live two houses down from a Christmas tree farm and I have a fake tree.
He also made it clear that while the draw options were less than ideal, Chelsea are a big enough club to be able to cope with whatever is thrown at them.
Chelsea: Barcelona, Besiktas, Paris Saint-Germain.
However, that will change for the quarter-final draw, which will be an open draw.
We're not saying English clubs and fans should not be excited and proud about the Premier League Champions League accomplishment, but it's worth keeping in mind how little has actually been accomplished so far.
When is the draw and when are the games?
The draw for the Round of 16 will be held on 11 December at the UEFA Headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.
The first legs will take place on February 13, 14, 20 and 21.
- Soul Calibur 6 Reveal Trailer Unveiled at The Game Awards
- Angry Birds and Sonic will soon be playable in Facebook Messenger
- Effects of depression in Bay of Bengal decreasing
- Eagles TE Zach Ertz returns to practice after clearing concussion protocol
- Gigaba to assess damages to pension funds caused by Steinhoff saga
- Fortnite Battle Royale update adds new inventory UI, boosts performance
- Trump's second-in-command Pence 'unwelcome in Palestine': Fatah official
- Wenger responds to call for Giroud to leave Arsenal
- UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (UNH) Position Lowered by Guardian Capital Advisors LP
- Les Ch de France route 2019 attribués