Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt. said Thursday that President Donald Trump should "think about resigning" over allegations of past sexual misconduct.
However, Franken might be the most prominent leader to find himself accused of sexual allegations in recent months, but he's not alone.
"We have a POTUS who acknowledged on a tape widely seen all over the country that he's assaulted women, so I would hope maybe the president of the United States might pay attention of what's going on and also think about resigning", said the independent Vermont senator in an appearance on CBS This Morning. "We need a cultural revolution in this country".
During the interview, the senator also noted that there are countless women throughout America whose stories will never be heard as their harassers "are not famous".
2 killed, 2 injured in knife attack in Tokyo
The almost 400-year-old shrine is known for its close ties to sumo and holding one of Tokyo's three big Shinto festivals. Founded in 1627, Tomioka Hachimangu Shrine is located about 300 meters from Tokyo Metro's Monzen-Nakacho Station.
Franken denied allegations several women have made against him and did not offer an apology.
The allegations against Trump have been made by 13 women and range from non-consensual groping and kissing to outright sexual assault.
Franken signaled during his speech that he believed a double standard had been applied to him and not to Trump or GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore of Alabama. Franken resigning, how can Republicans justify a "Sen". Sanders changed his tune along with his Democratic colleagues, calling for Sen.
"I, of all people, am aware that there is some irony in the fact that I am leaving while a man who has bragged on tape about his history of sexual assault sits in the Oval Office and a man who has repeatedly preyed on young girls campaigns for the Senate with the full support of his party", Franken said.
- Reese Witherspoon hit with lawsuit over Gone Girl adaptation
- Hope Solo to run for president of US Soccer Federation
- Rhumbline Advisers Trims Stake in Dell Technologies Inc. (DVMT)
- Edward Jones Upgrades Suncor Energy (SU) to "Buy"
- Johnny Hallyday : le médecin qui l'a suivi s'est exprimé
- BC patients wait more than 26 weeks for medical care
- AFP, PNP recommend extension of martial law in Mindanao
- Plateau PDP Chairman, Damishi Sango, son, Kidnapped
- Lost Sphear gets a demo on console and PC
- Malcom forfait pour la réception de Strasbourg — Bordeaux