Meanwhile, the Philippine National Police has endorsed a recommendation for a one-year extension of martial law in Mindanao.
This is the recommendation of the armed forces and the national police to President Rodrigo Duterte, officials said Friday.
Armed Forces spokesman Major General Restituto Padilla, however, could not say for how long the military wanted martial rule to stay.
He said the recommendation has been submitted to Malacañang by Defense Secretary and martial law administrator Delfin Lorenzana.
Padilla said, however, that he was "not privy" to other details as the military's recommendation was "separate and different from the recommendation of the police".
The military still faces "significant violent activities" from groups such as the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters in Maguindanao, Lanao provinces, and Cotabato, as well as the Abu Sayyaf Group in Basilan, Sulu, and Tawi-Tawi, Padilla told reporters.
Giancarlo Stanton would accept trade to Chicago Cubs
Boone has never managed or coached, working as a broadcaster since last season after retiring as a player in 2009. Stanton has a full no-trade clause and will be able to make the final decision should Miami be ready to deal him.
The President declared Marawi City "liberated" from the Maute group in October.
He said extremists who survived the five-month battle for Marawi "remain at large and are attempting to recover by recruiting" new members from "vulnerable" sectors - students, children, women and relatives of those who died in the fighting, mainly through "enticements" like money.
The declaration is supposed to end on December 31.
The NPA, along with its mother organization Communist Party of the Philippines, were recently declared by Duterte as a terrorist organization.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque said Duterte will make a decision before December 15 whether to lift or ask for martial law extension before Congress. Congress, which has to give consent, will go on recess on the 15th.
On May 23, the Maute terror group staged attacks in Marawi City where they held hundreds of hostages, burned establishments and occupied several buildings after.
- Canning Vale fight: Witnesses tell of bloody brawl aftermath
- Johnny Hallyday : le médecin qui l'a suivi s'est exprimé
- China exports jumped in November as import gains signal strength
- L'hommage de Stars 80 en concert à Dijon — Johnny
- Bitcoin surges past $16000
- Virushka nuptials alert! Anushka Sharma, along with parents, spotted at Mumbai T2
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- American Outdoor Brands (AOBC) Updates Q3 Earnings Guidance
- NVIDIA announces TITAN V: 12GB HBM2, priced at $2999
- North Korea Claims Inevitability of War 'Established Fact' as China Urges Calm