The attack took place at Aztec High School, New Mexico State Police said on Twitter.
The police told media conference Thursday afternoon that two students and a male shooter were dead following high school shooting in USA northwest state of New Mexico.
All schools in town closed for the day, but authorities said there were no other credible threats to students at the high school or other schools in the neighboring communities of Bloomfield or Farmington. The identity of the shooter has yet to be released.
"No other injuries reported", the police said.
Officials were working on clearing the buildings before the shooter was reported down, according to San Juan County CEO Kim Carpenter.
A candlelight vigil honoring the victims was held at a local park Thursday evening.
"At first it sounded like kids were just banging on the lockers".
A Way Out trailer revealed during The Game Awards 2017
But in an unusual setup, the online and local co-op experiences will be identical in one huge way: Only one of you will have to buy the game.
The teacher had locked the door as he normally does and the students hid in a corner of the room. "So he kept that locked", Parker said. She didn't provide more details. "But the next thing we knew, our teachers start yelling for us to get in the closet right now and that it was gunshots that we heard".
The incident occurred shortly after 8 a.m.at the school of about 950 students in Aztec, a town of 6,000 about 200 miles (320 km) northwest of Santa Fe and 20 miles (32 km) from the Navajo Nation reservation. Its main street is lined by old brick buildings that date back more than a century.
Christensen and New Mexico State Police Chief Pete Kassetas also declined to say whether the suspect shot himself to death or was killed by officers from the Aztec Police Department.
"At schools, our primary role and our primary job is to educate students and keep them safe, and when you have something like this, it hits you in the heart", he said.
Classes have been canceled Friday at all schools in Aztec.
Residents voiced disbelief on social media, while members of the New Mexico congressional delegation, state Attorney General Hector Balderas and other elected officials offered their condolences and other assistance.
- Bigg Boss 11: Divya Agarwal confronted Priyank Sharma in BB House
- FBI Director Christopher Wray Testifies Before House Judiciary Committee
- Gard : la stèle d'Abel Chennouf, tué par Merah, profanée
- New Basel rules could have "big impact" on Danish banks: government
- Bayonetta 1, 2 et 3 annoncés sur Nintendo Switch
- Geoffrey Rush sues newspaper over 'spurious' claims
- La France en net progrès — Décrocheurs scolaires
- The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Creators Announce Witchfire
- Firefighters free YouTube prankster who cemented head into microwave
- Ex-South Carolina cop's shooting of motorist was murder: judge