Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has conceded that the footballing future of Santi Cazorla is in doubt following his ninth ankle surgery in the last 12 months.
Cazorla, who hasn't played for nearly 14 months because of his injury hell, revealed to fans via Twitter last month that he had needed to go under the surgeon's knife yet again - the Spaniard has already endured a skin graft in an attempt to help the wound on his ankle heal. "But unfortunately he has to start again from zero".
When he was first sidelined previous year, Ben McAleer of WhoScored.com examined how crucial his absence could prove given how important Cazorla was to Arsenal's creativity.
" It is very sad".
It was initially hoped that the Spaniard would be ready for a first-team return for the Gunners in January, but he is back at square one and fighting for his future. "What he has gone through, this guy, is unbelievable", Wenger said.
Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) Continuing to Trade Below Moving Averages
Nomura reissued a "buy" rating and set a $500.00 price target on shares of Tesla in a research report on Tuesday, October 31st. The research firm ranks the sentiment of press coverage by monitoring more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time.
Having undergone the procedure on Monday, Cazorla's return date remains a mystery but Wenger optimistically claimed he could be in line for a February comeback should all go to plan.
Wenger added: "If all goes well he has to wait until he starts to run and after he starts to run it takes six weeks to come back to training. When he will be able to start to run again, I don't know".
"I just hope that he will play at some stage this season".
The latest setback increases the chances that Cazorla may never play for Arsenal again, as his contract expires next summer. "But certainly now, not before February".
- Mort de Johnny Hallyday : JoeyStarr clash M. Pokora sur Instagram
- Continental Resources, Inc. (CLR)
- Alberta licence plates no longer welcome on new Saskatchewan road projects
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ:MU) Cut to Hold at Vetr
- Ligue Europa : Marseille joue sa survie
- Were Analysts Bearish Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE:IRM) This Week?
- Le maire de Firminy placé en garde à vue
- Centre extends mobile-Aadhar linking until 6 February
- Ameriprise Financial Inc. Sells 1303636 Shares of NVIDIA Corporation (NVDA)
- Traders Sell Amazon.com (AMZN) on Strength