Brighton and Hove Albion's third-round FA Cup meeting with Crystal Palace on January 8 will be the first competitive club match in England in which the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) will be used, the Football Association said on Thursday.
The system was first deployed in the country when England hosted Germany in a friendly at Wembley Stadium last month, although it was not called on to make a decision.
In March, the Football Association claimed that it would trial the Video Assistant Referee technology in this season's FA Cup, and the fixture between Premier League rivals Brighton and Palace has been chosen.
Dairy Product Prices Rise for First Time in Five Auctions
While it had erred on the side of caution with its FMP forecast, it had been more confident with its payment schedule to farmers. Nearest dated contracts fell the most - prices for butter to ship in January dropped 24.3 per cent, according to Castleton.
"The FA has always been open to trialling new innovations and was heavily involved in the advancement of goal-line technology before it was introduced", said the FA's director of professional game relations Andy Ambler.
VAR involves assistant referees watching the action remotely and then drawing the match referee's attention to officiating mistakes or missed serious incidents.
January's third-round FA Cup clash between Brighton & Hove Albion and Crystal Palace will be the first competitive club match in England where VAR is used.
The FA confirmed in its statement that the technology will only be employed to counteract "clear and obvious errors" on specific incidents in three situations: goals, penalty decisions and straight red cards or mistaken identity for red or yellow cards.
- Glassdoor's best places to work
- Salvator Mundi au nouveau Louvre d'Abou Dhabi: Il rejoint "La Belle Ferronnière"
- Simon Property Group, Inc. (SPG) Latest Round Of Insider Trading Report
- UEFA to reject Milan's voluntary settlement
- Steelers safety Mike Mitchell sounds off on Roger Goodell in tirade
- Point & Kill: British Defense Secretary advocates death for citizens who join IS
- Huawei Mate 9 and Mate 9 Pro start receiving Android Oreo update
- Ford will build its electric SUV in Mexico
- Un cadavre "décapité" retrouvé dans le coffre d'une voiture
- 'I tricked TripAdvisor to make my shed its top restaurant'