Look North are reporting that the taxi giants have had their licence to operate in Sheffield suspended.
It was determined to be "not fit and proper" to operate by Transport for London.
The firm can continue to operate until December 18 and if it chooses to appeal the suspension, it can still run until that appeal is heard, Sheffield City Council said in a statement.
François Ruffin en maillot de foot dans l'hémicycle
François Ruffin a provoqué la polémique jeudi à l'Assemblée Nationale . " s'est exclamé cet élu de Seine-Saint-Denis". Il a été rappelé à l'ordre par le président de séance .
Sheffield City Council said in a statement:"Uber's licence was suspended last Friday after the current licence holder failed to respond to requests, made by our licensing team, about the management of Uber".
The ride-hailing app has reportedly already submitted a new application to be able to run minicabs in the city, but if it is not heard in time the company faces not being able to operate in Sheffield over the Christmas period.
"While we are in regular contact with the council, we did not receive the correspondence the council refers to as they sent the letters to an incorrect address", a spokesman said.
- General Electric to cut 1400 Swiss jobs
- Bitcoin exceeds record-breaking $14000
- Sophie Turner in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'
- Google adds in-line video Search results, piloting with celebrities to answer questions
- The Most Spectacular Meteor Shower of the Year Is Upon Us
- Analysts Ratings for The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. (IPG)
- Transgender weightlifter cops backlash after historic win
- China offers funding for Zimbabwe infrastructure development
- Beal has career-high 51, Wizards down Trail Blazers 106-92
- Search continues in Sydney Loofe case