Mercredi, 15 Août 2018
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » Three charged over murder of Maltese journalist

Three charged over murder of Maltese journalist

07 Décembre 2017

Three men have been charged in the murder of Maltese journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia, who was killed by a vehicle bomb last month. They were the first arrests in the case, in which the government has been accused of both political interference and incompetence.

They were among 10 Maltese nationals arrested on Monday in connection with Galizia's murder.

"In the almost two months since Daphne Caruana Galizia's death, the authorities have been unable to show that they are conducting their investigation in an impartial manner", Pauline Adès-Mével, head of RSF's EU-Balkans desk said in a statement.

'Salvator Mundi' Is Heading to the Louvre Abu Dhabi, Tweet Says
He had bought the painting in 2013 for $127.5 million although he later accused a Swiss art dealer of overcharging him. The Louvre Abu Dhabi also said in a tweet Wednesday: "Da Vinci's Salvator Mundi is coming to #LouvreAbuDhabi".

Malta is now ranked 47th out of 180 countries in RSF's World Press Freedom Index.

Investigators focused on the three suspects based on telephone intercepts including a call from a mobile phone that allegedly triggered the bomb, the Times of Malta reported.

Ms Caruana Galizia had been sued for libel because of various articles she wrote on her blog Running Commentary, and she had filed a report with police two weeks ago that she was receiving threats.

Three charged over murder of Maltese journalist