Collins supported the bill after inclusion of her amendments on medical expense and property tax deductions.
"We are staying until we talk to Senator Collins by phone or in person unless we are arrested", protester Jim Betts, 66, of Winthrop said just before 5 p.m. from inside Collins' office in the Margaret Chase Smith Federal Building. Susan Collins and Rep. Bruce Poliquin for promoting and voting in favor of tax bills that ultimately will add $1.5 trillion to America's debt.
Conyers' son was arrested for earlier this year for allegedly attacking girlfriend
They acknowledged a small stab wound on her bicep, said they couldn't prove in court that the would was intentionally inflicted. NBC News pointed out that while speaking about sexual assault Conyers III told reporters: "women are to be believed".
Both of these elected officials must be aware that this tax bill is little more than a replication of the voodoo economics that President Ronald Reagan implemented in the 1980s, which eventually forced George H.W. Bush - "Read my lips: No new taxes" - to raise taxes in order to avert the fiscal disaster that resulted.
Collins was in D.C.at the time of the sit-in and has not communicated with the protesters, said Annie Clark, Collins' communication director. Sarah Bigney was one of them inside and was streaming it live on Facebook. "In addition, under the Senate bill, a family with an income of $24,000 would no longer pay income tax".
- Young & CO. LTD. Boosts Holdings in Air Products & Chemicals, Inc. (APD)
- This Giant Avocado Could Break World Records
- Bristol (BMY) Position Held by First Financial Bank - Trust Division
- Analyst Commentary On BCE Inc. (BCE), Delta Air Lines, Inc. (DAL)
- Ryan Reynolds To Do Some Pokemon Sleuthing In 'Detective Pikachu'
- Prince William and Kate Middleton at the Children's Global Media Summit
- Lamborghini Working On Plug In Hybrid Lamborghini Urus SUV
- $3.92 EPS Expected for Broadcom Limited (AVGO)
- ASUS introduces NovaGo, its first Snapdragon 835-powered Windows laptop
- N Chandrasekaran flags off Tigor EVs from Sanand plant