Collins supported the bill after inclusion of her amendments on medical expense and property tax deductions.
"We are staying until we talk to Senator Collins by phone or in person unless we are arrested", protester Jim Betts, 66, of Winthrop said just before 5 p.m. from inside Collins' office in the Margaret Chase Smith Federal Building. Susan Collins and Rep. Bruce Poliquin for promoting and voting in favor of tax bills that ultimately will add $1.5 trillion to America's debt.
The Comerica Incorporated (CMA) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Analysts
BMO Capital and their recent target price per share would suggest a potential downside of -3.50 % from the company's close price. The average twelve-month target price among brokers that have issued ratings on the stock in the a year ago is $64.75.
Both of these elected officials must be aware that this tax bill is little more than a replication of the voodoo economics that President Ronald Reagan implemented in the 1980s, which eventually forced George H.W. Bush - "Read my lips: No new taxes" - to raise taxes in order to avert the fiscal disaster that resulted.
Collins was in D.C.at the time of the sit-in and has not communicated with the protesters, said Annie Clark, Collins' communication director. Sarah Bigney was one of them inside and was streaming it live on Facebook. "In addition, under the Senate bill, a family with an income of $24,000 would no longer pay income tax".
- Men Dominated YouTube This Year, & That's Disappointing
- This Giant Avocado Could Break World Records
- Assassin's Creed Rogue HD rated for current-gen consoles in Korea
- Jack Wilshere ice-skating before Arsenal match was not ideal, says Arsène Wenger
- Federation Internationale de Football Association ends Kuwait's suspension
- Southern star Suriya has dethroned Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan
- Bristol (BMY) Position Held by First Financial Bank - Trust Division
- Suzuki, Gadjovich Invited To World Junior Final Camp
- Prince William and Kate Middleton at the Children's Global Media Summit
- $3.92 EPS Expected for Broadcom Limited (AVGO)