I think he has exactly the right sensibility.
Taika Waititi had in the past expressed his interest in joining the Star Wars universe.
There are plenty of upcoming opportunites for Waititi to direct a Star Wars film, with Disney planning plenty of films set to George Lucas' universe - including an all-new trilogy helmed by Rian Johnson.
Speaking to Newshub, the brand manager of the Star Wars franchise, Kathleen Kennedy agreed with the host that Taika Waititi would be flawless for Star Wars after checking out his work in Thor, which she thought was "amazing".
Speaking to Newshub, Kennedy said: "I would love for him [Waititi] to direct a "Star Wars" movie". It was very exciting to see him step into the Marvel universe and do such an fantastic job with Thor.
This comment was made by Kennedy in Tokyo while she was promoting Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.
IPhone X Plus: More details emerge about plans for 2018 iPhones
To help Apple push as many future iPhones with OLED displays, Apple may have a third supply chain partner in the wings. If you're tempted to splash out on Apple's luxurious - but ultra-expensive - iPhone X , you might want to read this.
She then eagerly encouraged Newshub to "let him know", and laughed "yeah" when asked if it was a genuine job offer.
The director's comments are a follow-up from comments he made about taking on a Star Wars movie on Twitter.
Episode IX director Colin Trevorrow was recently replaced by JJ Abrams, while The Lego Movie's Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were fired from their Han Solo movie. Waititi is just the latest example of this formula, and has now demonstrated this formula's effectiveness, with Thor: Ragnarok having grossed over $800 million worldwide. He had once told Uproxx, "I'm not an idiot". It has also been announced that a live-action "Star Wars" TV series is going into production.
Kiwi director Taika Waititi has a unique style - could it fit Star Wars?
His next film is scheduled to be Bubbles for Netflix, an animated movie about Michael Jackson's pet chimpanzee.
"Lolz, I like to complete my films", Waititi replied to a fan who suggested he take on directing duties.
- Possible elements of genocide in Myanmar
- Rahul asks Aiyar to apologise for 'neech' remarks against PM
- FRDI Bill does not adversely modify depositor protections: Government
- Rajnath Singh urges border states to be vigilant against Rohingya influx
- Ligue Europa (Phase de groupes) : Les compos probables de Vitesse Arnhem - Nice
- En l'honneur de Johnny Hallyday, la station Duroc devient "Durock Johnny"
- Super Eagles to play World Cup warm-up against England
- WH Responds: Trump's Throat Was Dry During Speech, 'Nothing To It'
- Middle East airline profits set to double
- 8 killed as boat capsizes off Pakistan's southern Thatta