I think he has exactly the right sensibility.
Taika Waititi had in the past expressed his interest in joining the Star Wars universe.
There are plenty of upcoming opportunites for Waititi to direct a Star Wars film, with Disney planning plenty of films set to George Lucas' universe - including an all-new trilogy helmed by Rian Johnson.
Speaking to Newshub, the brand manager of the Star Wars franchise, Kathleen Kennedy agreed with the host that Taika Waititi would be flawless for Star Wars after checking out his work in Thor, which she thought was "amazing".
Speaking to Newshub, Kennedy said: "I would love for him [Waititi] to direct a "Star Wars" movie". It was very exciting to see him step into the Marvel universe and do such an fantastic job with Thor.
This comment was made by Kennedy in Tokyo while she was promoting Episode VIII: The Last Jedi.
8 killed as boat capsizes off Pakistan's southern Thatta
According to the police more than 150 people including women and children were on a boat when their boat drowned in open sea. Bodies of 18 people have been recovered and rescue operation is underway to save the rest of the people, sources stated.
She then eagerly encouraged Newshub to "let him know", and laughed "yeah" when asked if it was a genuine job offer.
The director's comments are a follow-up from comments he made about taking on a Star Wars movie on Twitter.
Episode IX director Colin Trevorrow was recently replaced by JJ Abrams, while The Lego Movie's Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were fired from their Han Solo movie. Waititi is just the latest example of this formula, and has now demonstrated this formula's effectiveness, with Thor: Ragnarok having grossed over $800 million worldwide. He had once told Uproxx, "I'm not an idiot". It has also been announced that a live-action "Star Wars" TV series is going into production.
Kiwi director Taika Waititi has a unique style - could it fit Star Wars?
His next film is scheduled to be Bubbles for Netflix, an animated movie about Michael Jackson's pet chimpanzee.
"Lolz, I like to complete my films", Waititi replied to a fan who suggested he take on directing duties.
- M&S Is Selling Stoneless Avocados (Banishing Dreaded 'Avocado Hand' For Good)
- Betting Preview: Arsenal vs BATE Borisov: Back the Gunners to score first
- Nile Rodgers reveals he has had cancer surgery
- WH Responds: Trump's Throat Was Dry During Speech, 'Nothing To It'
- Sony a vendu 70 millions de PS4 et 2 millions de PSVR
- Laurent Wauquiez rencontrera Nicolas Sarkozy vendredi à Lyon
- Afghanistan wicketkeeper Mohammad Shahzad hit with 12-month doping ban
- Bitcoin rally: RBI warns users of risks
- Patriots turning to Jacob Hollister with Rob Gronkowski suspended
- FRDI Bill does not adversely modify depositor protections: Government