While game and app picks can also be viewed on the respective Games and Apps front pages, it's in the Today tab that Apple was able to put higher emphasis on each victor and tell the story behind it.
As in previous years, the company's App Store editors have selected the best apps and games of the year for every software platform - iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
Rather interestingly, the game of the year choices for iPhone and iPad are not freemium titles.
Moving to the iPad, Apple has named excellent photo editing app Affinity Photo as app of the year, while the title for best game goes to first person puzzle-exploration game The Witness.
La France va restituer les crânes de martyrs Algériens — Mémoire
Des pétitions en 2011 et 2016 se sont indignées que les restes mortuaires de martyrs n'aient pas de sépulture sur le sol algérien. Ces crânes 37 au total ont été pendant longtemps réclamés par des universitaires français et algériens.
Apple has also released the usual top charts listings for free and paid apps and games. Google's YouTube was at third (up from sixth in 2016), followed by Facebook Messenger (at second last year), Instagram (same as last year), Facebook (same as last year), Google Maps (same as last year), Netflix (ninth in 2016), Spotify (up from tenth) and Uber (new entry in the top 10). Unsurprisingly, Super Mario Run leads Apple's list of U.S. best-selling mobile games after prevailing in Google's contest for the most downloaded new Android game of the year too. Editors and curators from Apple Music, App Store and iTunes highlight great content from indie artists and developers from around the globe. Apple features augmented reality, online realtime mobile games, environmentally-minded apps for sustainable living, and apps to help with parenting.
To begin with, on Apple Music, Drake topped album of the year with More Life, while Ed Sheeran's Shape of You got top song honors. Taylor's Swift album Reputation is already the number 3 best-selling album for 2017, despite debuting only a few weeks ago.
You can see all the top charts and recommendations in the App Store and iTunes Store now.
Similarly to previous annual charts, Apple has revealed top charts for the most popular apps and games of the year too.
- Crazy Volume Spikes for: Lam Research Corporation (NASDAQ:LRCX)
- Pawan Kalyan supports DCI staff stir; to write to PM
- Facebook cofounder Eduardo Saverin joins Mswipe board, invests $40 mn
- A Garda has been shot in north Dublin this morning
- Ranbir Kapoor heads to Cape Town after Shashi Kapoor's funeral
- Derrick Rose ends his self-imposed Cavaliers exile
- Thiago Silva absent pour un mois — PSG
- Officer injured in shooting at Walmart parking lot in northwest Miami-Dade
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Instagram proscrit désormais les selfies avec des animaux exotiques