San Juan County posted to Facebook about the school being evacuated but did not confirm the shooting. Aztec Mayor Sally Burbridge confirmed that the shooter was down and said there is no more threat to the community. A press conference is scheduled for 9:15 a.m. local time.
KRQE reported the suspect was in custody. All area schools are on lockdown.
Per the Bloomfield Police Department, there are officers at all of the schools there. "Parents are advised to please stay away from all of the schools until further notice".
Several people were reportedly wounded when a person opened fire at a northern New Mexico school Thursday morning.
Sask. Premier Brad Wall wraps up political career Thursday
Wall announced in August that he was retiring from politics after almost 14 years as the leader of the Saskatchewan Party. After almost 20 years as an MLA, Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall will mark his last day in the legislature Thursday.
Aztec is a community of 6,700 residents, located in rural northwestern New Mexico, about 180 miles from Albuquerque.
Officials were working on clearing the buildings before the shooter was reported down, according to San Juan County CEO Kim Carpenter.
Parents of Aztec High School students are being asked to pick up their children at the Aztec Police Department.
This story is developing.
- The Most Spectacular Meteor Shower of the Year Is Upon Us
- Bordeaux et Strasbourg entreront sur le terrain sur du Johnny Hallyday
- Jonny Evans could leave West Brom in January, admits Alan Pardew
- Tupac Fully Exposed By Ex Selling Junk Pic!!!
- MSNBC Reverses Course on Contributor Sam Seder
- François Ruffin en maillot de foot dans l'hémicycle
- Une mère appelle à l'aide suite au meurtre de son fils — Angers
- Cardinal Health, Inc. (CAH) Holdings Increased by Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC
- Sophie Turner in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'
- Virtue et Moir finissent le programme court 2es