San Juan County posted to Facebook about the school being evacuated but did not confirm the shooting. Aztec Mayor Sally Burbridge confirmed that the shooter was down and said there is no more threat to the community. A press conference is scheduled for 9:15 a.m. local time.
KRQE reported the suspect was in custody. All area schools are on lockdown.
Per the Bloomfield Police Department, there are officers at all of the schools there. "Parents are advised to please stay away from all of the schools until further notice".
Several people were reportedly wounded when a person opened fire at a northern New Mexico school Thursday morning.
Le pape François nomme Michel Aupetit archevêque de Paris
Dans la Croix , ses proches soulignent qu'il n'est "ni politique, ni stratège, ni carriériste". Mgr Michel Aupetit a été nommé ce jeudi archevêque de Paris par le pape François.
Aztec is a community of 6,700 residents, located in rural northwestern New Mexico, about 180 miles from Albuquerque.
Officials were working on clearing the buildings before the shooter was reported down, according to San Juan County CEO Kim Carpenter.
Parents of Aztec High School students are being asked to pick up their children at the Aztec Police Department.
This story is developing.
- China offers funding for Zimbabwe infrastructure development
- Transgender weightlifter cops backlash after historic win
- Deux français sur le podium de la Coupe du monde
- Une mère appelle à l'aide suite au meurtre de son fils — Angers
- MSNBC Reverses Course on Contributor Sam Seder
- German skier dies from injuries suffered in Lake Louise crash
- Bridge Constructor Portal : GLaDOS fait le pont
- Cardinal Health, Inc. (CAH) Holdings Increased by Thompson Siegel & Walmsley LLC
- François Ruffin en maillot de foot dans l'hémicycle
- Microsoft Store's annual 12 Days of Deals is back, save $329 on Surface Pro i5 128GB bundle