San Juan County posted to Facebook about the school being evacuated but did not confirm the shooting. Aztec Mayor Sally Burbridge confirmed that the shooter was down and said there is no more threat to the community. A press conference is scheduled for 9:15 a.m. local time.
KRQE reported the suspect was in custody. All area schools are on lockdown.
Per the Bloomfield Police Department, there are officers at all of the schools there. "Parents are advised to please stay away from all of the schools until further notice".
Several people were reportedly wounded when a person opened fire at a northern New Mexico school Thursday morning.
Technical Views: Tracking Shares of Ishares Core CDN Short Trm Bond ETF
As a general observance, the more overbought or oversold the reading displays, the more likely a reversal may take place. MA's can be calculated for any time period, but two very popular time frames are the 50-day and 200-day moving averages.
Aztec is a community of 6,700 residents, located in rural northwestern New Mexico, about 180 miles from Albuquerque.
Officials were working on clearing the buildings before the shooter was reported down, according to San Juan County CEO Kim Carpenter.
Parents of Aztec High School students are being asked to pick up their children at the Aztec Police Department.
This story is developing.
- Man found strangled alongside daughter was sex offender, police reveal
- Jonny Evans could leave West Brom in January, admits Alan Pardew
- The Most Spectacular Meteor Shower of the Year Is Upon Us
- Analysts Ratings for The Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc. (IPG)
- Local deomcracy is firmly in the spotlight
- Microsoft Store's annual 12 Days of Deals is back, save $329 on Surface Pro i5 128GB bundle
- MSNBC Reverses Course on Contributor Sam Seder
- "N'investissez plus dans les énergies fossiles" : le cri d'alarme de 80 économistes
- Transgender weightlifter cops backlash after historic win
- Le pape François nomme Michel Aupetit archevêque de Paris